GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Man, imagine if we played well??

We are up by a goal as I type this, yet we've been dominated so far. Miller some huge saves already.

Dog days are here. As long as we peak at the right time, I'm good. Experience will get them through this eventually.

I thought the Bruin announcer made an interesting point. He said the Sabres would like their PP to be better, but they don't have a real pressing need just yet to get it going, as they are so far ahead of other teams.

I think Sabres fans have become spoiled. We hit a little skid, but still have a winning record over the last 10 and everyone is doom and glooming. THESE THINGS HAPPEN.

And have lost 4 of our last 6. It's nice to point to the last ten games, but seeing as we're coming off back-to-back losses twice in our last six games, I'm not going to act like everything is OK, this is just a bump in the road, or whatever.

Like I said, I'm not pounding the panic button yet, but I'm not going to be all Pollyana about this team's play as of late.

And have lost 4 of our last 6. It's nice to point to the last ten games, but seeing as we're coming off back-to-back losses twice in our last six games, I'm not going to act like everything is OK, this is just a bump in the road, or whatever.

Like I said, I'm not pounding the panic button yet, but I'm not going to be all Pollyana about this team's play as of late.

I'm not saying they're playing great lately, just saying that it's not the end of the world. Stuff like this happens to every team, every year. I think everyone needs to step back and realize that.

Summary after one period...

Good...Unbelievably lucky to be tied 2-2

Bad...Just about everything else. Two horrible PP's, outskated, outplayed, outworked, etc...

I don't want to hear the term "hardest working team in hockey" used to refer to the Sabres again this year.

I'm not saying they're playing great lately, just saying that it's not the end of the world. Stuff like this happens to every team, every year. I think everyone needs to step back and realize that.

Stuff? What stuff? The fact that they don't want to give a solid EFFORT? Lindy has a problem that seems to be growing and he better nip it in the bud before it gets out of control.

PS Max, Drury(even with his assist) and Briere all INVISIBLE in the first period.

Summary after one period...

Good...Unbelievably lucky to be tied 2-2

Bad...Just about everything else. Two horrible PP's, outskated, outplayed, outworked, etc...

I don't want to hear the term "hardest working team in hockey" used to refer to the Sabres again this year.

Stuff? What stuff? The fact that they don't want to give a solid EFFORT? Lindy has a problem that seems to be growing and he better nip it in the bud before it gets out of control.

PS Max, Drury(even with his assist) and Briere all INVISIBLE in the first period.

Every team is going to have bad stretches. Every athlete is going to have bad stretches during the year. I'm not happy with how the team has been playing either. I'm just not so quick to turn on them.

wow, what a weird period. The sabres absolutely stunk up the joint, but played well for a few shifts and come out of it with a tie. Lucky to be tied, but great teams take what's given to them. Hopefully the sabres will prove to be a good team today

Every team is going to have bad stretches. Every athlete is going to have bad stretches during the year. I'm not happy with how the team has been playing either. I'm just not so quick to turn on them.

Nobody's TURNING on them. Just calling a spade a spade. Since when can't you be critical of a team when they are not playing well. <_<

PS This isn't a recent problem. The EFFORT hasn't been there most of the season,.

To echo what Labatt said, none of us are "turning" on them either. We're not saying they suck, they won't win anything, we don't want to be fans anymore - we're just frustrated with all the same mistakes being made over & over, and getting tired of watching them put out half the effort half the time. This isn't a recent change, or a new development in the season- they have been struggling with their effort and focus for the better part of two months. The difference is before they were able to get away with playing 20 minutes of hockey but now they can't.

Who the heck is the official scorekeeper keeping track of the game? Stats have been off almost the whole period... With it saying END of 1 since about quarter after the hour... I thought it was the fastest period ever played...

Then the Bruin score popped up as 00:01, when it was 2-1 BFLO... I said WTF? Did I miss something?... Since been changed to 19:59...

Again, WTF? Are they training a new guy? What? Do the regular scrores have to work today? Or computer glitch?

I am all FUBAR'ed!

:(