GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

That's a little bit of an exaggeration.

It isn't in my eyes. Not when they've played this heartless. Maybe in your eyes its just a bad stretch. However, this bad stretch mentality is that of a weak team. Call me silly but i'd much rather be the 8th seed and the underdog than the 1 seed and the frontrunner... However, if we are the 1 seed now, don't fall to 8 because you forgot how to win.

I'll believe it when i see it

Whatever you choose to call it, it's time to start working for a living for this team.

90% of these guys are believing their own press now, which is the real reason they're losing.

I had a doomsday feeling in regards to your comment, about 5 minutes after the toronto game last thursday. Immediately after center ice blacked out, i changed the channel to espnnews and caught the bary melrose hockey segment. IMMEDIATELY after pulling out some of my beautifully quaffed hair over that disaster of a game, melrose toots the horn about how "great" the sabres are, and how they're the "class" of the NHL and other great things about the team. Hell, to a lamen, the Sabres are the 1972 dolphins at this point. I guarentee you that the sabres are buying into their own press. All great teams do at some point. Hopefully they've bought into the bad press after these past couple games too though. On that note, i can't wait to hear what the NESN guys have to say!

The good new is that our slump (6-4-0 in the last 10) has not been as bad as many teams' atop the East:

Rangers (5-5-0)

Islanders (3-6-1)

Montreal (4-6-0)

Toronto (5-4-1)

Atlanta (4-4-2)

Carolina (5-4-1)

Note for those who care: Anaheim is 3-5-2

The bad news is that it has been much worse than a couple of top teams' in the East:

New Jersey (8-1-1)

Ottawa (8-1-1)

Again, for those who care: Nashville is 8-2-0

Two straight against the Bruins should be a good opportunity to get back on track. Let's hope they take advantage of it.

20 minutes till the start. I don't think i've anticipated a game like i am now in a long time... probably the atlanta game in october. Why? This is a make or break game. This is our playoffs right now. Win and it turns around, fast. Lose, and its more of the same.

Yep, you can listen live through WGR's site or on NHL.com - go to the NHL.com scoreboard page and look for the Sabres game, there is a link there.

EDIT: I think you might have to register at WGR before you can listen live.

And we get the frigging NESN crew...wonderful... :censored:

Anyone else completely at the end of their rope with this PP? I mean WTF?

Bruins come back and show us what an effective Bruins PP looks like....makes all the difference in the world when you make quick, accurate passes and then get your damn shot through and on net...

Huge save by Miller just before the goal, and the cross-ice pass.