GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

If thursday's game told us one thing, its that the Sabres hit a wall. When they play well, they played AWESOME... However, those spots were few and far between. One bright spot from thursday's game was the Power Play. Yes, they let a 5 on 3 get away, but they did convert 2 later in the game... The sabres need to use that PP momentum and gain some confidence. This is a team that's holding onto the 8 spot right now... This is a team that will probably remember that 7-1 (i think?) thrashing we gave them a couple months ago. The sabres will have to play mentally strong and use the "underdog" roll. That's Lindy's job though. I'd like for tonight to be the beginning of another string of victories leading up to the all star break.

7pm

If thursday's game told us one thing, its that the Sabres hit a wall. When they play well, they played AWESOME... However, those spots were few and far between. One bright spot from thursday's game was the Power Play. Yes, they let a 5 on 3 get away, but they did convert 2 later in the game... The sabres need to use that PP momentum and gain some confidence. This is a team that's holding onto the 8 spot right now... This is a team that will probably remember that 7-1 (i think?) thrashing we gave them a couple months ago. The sabres will have to play mentally strong and use the "underdog" roll. That's Lindy's job though. I'd like for tonight to be the beginning of another string of victories leading up to the all star break.

They didn't seem to remember the 7-1 game the last time the two teams met.

They didn't seem to remember the 7-1 game the last time the two teams met.

damn it, my secret identity has been revealed. Because of my blatent forgettfulness, i announce that I am indeed Tim Connolly. DCSabres saw my wingman/underware model posing as "Corp000085". Touche hopeleslyobvious for outing me!

and back to the NHL's "double standards" on why Lecalvier won't be suspended for the cheapshot on Max. Looked very similar to the Bertuzzi incident, spare the injury.

Come on man ... that was NOTHIING like Bertuzzi ... bertuzzi bulldogged a guy and slammed his head into the ice, breaking his neck. Lecavalier took a dumb, undisciplined penalty in response to getting popped in the face, but Max was in no serious danger ...

BTP, you're right...but it still doesn't excuse him getting hit from behind. IMO, he should have been given a 10-minute misconduct penalty for the punch, but at least it looks like Max is in Vinny's head...

Why doesn't the NHL have a beer league-type max penalty minutes rule - maybe 4 minors and you're gone? The way this game is going, Vinny will probably snap the next time Max comes near him....

BTP, you're right...but it still doesn't excuse him getting hit from behind. IMO, he should have been given a 10-minute misconduct penalty for the punch,

He didn't hit him from behind INTO anything ... if he had gone headfirst into the boards or crossbar maybe but ... geez, how is punching him in the HELMET worse than if he had punched him in the face? It was the right call. In fact, I am stunned he gave him 4 minutes instead of 2 ... I'm more ticked the damn ref stole the puck from Teppo and helped set up their goal, he should get the second assist.

He didn't hit him from behind INTO anything ... if he had gone headfirst into the boards or crossbar maybe but ... geez, how is punching him in the HELMET worse than if he had punched him in the face? It was the right call. In fact, I am stunned he gave him 4 minutes instead of 2 ... I'm more ticked the damn ref stole the puck from Teppo and helped set up their goal, he should get the second assist.

It's worse because by punching someone from behind, the attacker doesn't give the victim an opportunity to brace or defend himself.

The reason two penalties were called was because it was two separate punches. To be honest, I was really surprised that the ref actually called him for both the punches thrown...

And that, ladies & gentlemen of the jury, is a textbook bad goal.

Is anyone else picking up the screaming idiot on the MSG broadcast? Is that a fan or someone on the bench/ice? Last one I heard was after Paetsch dropped that guy alongside the net, the guy yelled "You're Dead Paetsch..."

Is anyone else picking up the screaming idiot on the MSG broadcast? Is that a fan or someone on the bench/ice? Last one I heard was after Paetsch dropped that guy alongside the net, the guy yelled "You're Dead Paetsch..."

i heard that guy. he also dropped an "f bomb" during the first period. I heard miller use the f word too when he misplayed a puck behind the net. There's a renegade live mic somewhere. maybe razyor doesn't have his off and its pointing out? who knows.

The sabres have had one good stretch in the 2nd period. luckily they scored twice. Unfortunately, its tied at 2 after 2. This game has the feel of either an OT thriller or yet another game hwere we come out dead tired in the 3rd and the opposition slowly takes the game from us. Hopefully we'll go the OT winner route!

i heard that guy. he also dropped an "f bomb" during the first period. I heard miller use the f word too when he misplayed a puck behind the net. There's a renegade live mic somewhere. maybe razyor doesn't have his off and its pointing out? who knows.

The sabres have had one good stretch in the 2nd period. luckily they scored twice. Unfortunately, its tied at 2 after 2. This game has the feel of either an OT thriller or yet another game hwere we come out dead tired in the 3rd and the opposition slowly takes the game from us. Hopefully we'll go the OT winner route!

How about we score a few in the third.

No argument here, I am sure he wants that one back as well. But we'd be up 5-3 right now if we could hit the net this period. We've had 9 SOG so far this period, but we've probably missed a half-dozen scoring chances.

I think it might be the mic that one of the refs are wearing...when Roy was knocked down, you could clearly hear "No, no, no" which I assume was coming from the ref...