GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

that was an awful call on the trip to kubina, but no worse than briere throwing himself in to the crease earlier in the game

you guys have to start seeing it both ways - this game is not being officated in either teams' favor. i'm sure nobody noticed the quick hook that Hecht got away with about 20 seconds after the Kubina tripping call

that was an awful call on the trip to kubina, but no worse than briere throwing himself in to the crease earlier in the game

you guys have to start seeing it both ways - this game is not being officated in either teams' favor. i'm sure nobody noticed the quick hook that Hecht got away with about 20 seconds after the Kubina tripping call

I saw that. Buff gets away with a quite a bit, too. I agree. Tonight's problem is that we've been playing like we've been on the PP all night. :doh:

-Jeff

:)

And what about when Kotalik got tripped after finishing his check?

Max's hit was technically interference, but how often does that get called when they are that close to the puck?

I believe it was, and that was who Lorentz laid the blame on after the goal....

Throw some blame at Campbell also. Instead of being in front of the net where he should have been, he was lollygagging somewhere else. It's a good thing Campbell is going to the all star game because maybe he can pick up a few pointers from the best in the game. The guy is in a slump and is making at least a couple bad decisions every period.

Let's see...the Leafs are missing Peca, Ponikoravsky, Antropov, Wellwood, White & Tucker, yet they look like the "hardest working team in hockey".

I'm waiting for the Lorentz excuse generator to tell me how the Sabres "don't have their legs tonight".

They need a BIG 3rd period.

GO SABRES!!!

Any word on Tallinder? It's been what, 10 days or so?

I'd be surprised if Tallinder is back by mid February. High ankle sprains can take a long time to heal.

You mean like when Spacek got called for a high stick because the Leaf grabbed his stick and proceeded to whack himself in the face with it?

Or how about 20 seconds before the 5-on-3 when Steen clearly interfered with Drury, ripping his stick out of his hands in the process.

Or Vanek getting viciously cross-checked while scoring?

I see the game both ways, every night except when we play Toronto and it's CLEARLY not officiated fairly.

You mean like when Spacek got called for a high stick because the Leaf grabbed his stick and proceeded to whack himself in the face with it?

Or how about 20 seconds before the 5-on-3 when Steen clearly interfered with Drury, ripping his stick out of his hands in the process.

I see the game both ways, every night except when we play Toronto and it's CLEARLY not officiated fairly.

There was one thing that the refs did get right on the Vanek goal and that was no quick whistle. It seems to be a growing trend where the refs are blowing the play dead WAY TOO QUICK when the puck is being handled by the goalie.

that's why it goes both ways darin. there were a couple of weak calls on buffalo, just as there were on toronto - if you thought that x-check on vanek was vicious you must not have played the game that far up the ranks. he got knocked down while sticking his noise around the crease.

the biggest crime of this game is the 12,000 buffalo fans there that paid to see their hockey team play hockey, not watch a patch-work lineup outwork them.

the biggest crime of this game is the 12,000 buffalo fans there that paid to see their hockey team play hockey, not watch a patch-work lineup outwork them.

Yeah really, what an embarrasing team response to Belak's comments.

BTW, when's the last time we saw the Sabres make a third period comeback? I can't remember...

some raw emotion...i'ld rather see these guys lose hockey games playing as hard as they just did these opening minutes, than see them "walk" through a win. maybe not the best point, but beer is starting to kick in great first few shifts, and loved the emotion from drury on the goal.