GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

- Classic Marty in the 3rd period. Big saves, followed by weak ass goals. 10 years in the league and the guy still doesn't know how to play angles(3rd goal).

-Two home games. Two poor efforts.

-I noticed how the Peters fight really swung the momentum of the game. <_<

-Games against Pit, Chi & 2 games against a depleted Toronto team and all we get is 4 points. Maybe next time Toronto can have a few more players out of the lineup in order for the Sabres to have a chance.

All the Peters lovers need to watch that "fight" ... he doesn't even fight well, he turns his head like a little baby. You want a goon who plays 3 shifts a game, fine, go get one who knows what he is doing.

no comment ;)

Drury & Roy giveth...Marty taketh away...

That's a WTF, Marty? on that one. Wasn't an easy stop, but one that should have been made, IMO...

There's another one. That'll just about do it for this one. :angry:

I was wavering on the last one...I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but in my gut I know it's a shot he needs to stop.

Nice fight, Peters...<_<

GOD I HATE THE LEAFS! :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm not blaming the game tonight on Marty or the refs (although the refs sucked tonight). I'm blaming tonight's loss on stick handling and passing which is a statement I made about 3 weeks ago. This teams needs a refresher course in the fundamentals. Passes too far ahead, passes to far behind, passes that go 10 feet when they needed to go 15. I love to watch Max but lately he has been losing the puck trying to out manuever the opponent.

Stick handling - ugh.

And I will say that may statement about Roy last week must be retracted. Tonight he played bigger than he is and he has been hustling the last few games.

Eric

some raw emotion...i'ld rather see these guys lose hockey games playing as hard as they just did these opening minutes, than see them "walk" through a win. maybe not the best point, but beer is starting to kick in great first few shifts, and loved the emotion from drury on the goal.

That exactly the point. They have become accustomed to winning games without putting in a good effort. Now it seems like they don't want to give the effort needed to win on nights where a few spurts of firepower can't get them a win.

I'm not blaming the game tonight on Marty or the refs (although the refs sucked tonight).

I'm not blaming Marty for the loss, but tonight was more of the same old, same old from him. Some big saves sandwiched around a couple of bad goals.

And to say tonight's game was poorly officiated is an insult to poorly officiated games.

I'm not blaming Marty for the loss, but tonight was more of the same old, same old from him. Some big saves sandwiched around a couple of bad goals.

And to say tonight's game was poorly officiated is an insult to poorly officiated games.

agreed... from where i was watching... the leaf annoucers said they enjoyed the game because the refs took a backseat and let the two teams play....

IM SORRY WAIT!.............. is there STILL a grey area in the NHL rulebook or is it just me... i thought it was cut and dry..... i saw soooo many hooks slashes and holds that could have been called... but they let it go... there killing the game i tell ya... killin it!

- Classic Marty in the 3rd period. Big saves, followed by weak ass goals. 10 years in the league and the guy still doesn't know how to play angles(3rd goal).

Blue, the Sabres would have been well done by then if not for Marty. Come on. The guy was freaking incredible for 50 mins., and I've seen Hasek let in weaker ones than that.

Eleven, up till that point, Marty did what he needed to - kept his team in the game until they could tie it. But then he blew it on that 3rd goal. To be honest, I don't care if Hasek, Roy, Brodeur, Tretiak or Bernie Parent ever let in weaker goals -- that kind of goal should never go in at that point in the game. He held his team in the game, let them get even, and then ripped their hearts out by letting in a goal he should have stopped.

If it weren't for Marty it would have been 6-2 at that point so I don't get why everyone is giving him grief...why don't you discuss why we only scored 2 goals again...the pathetic passing...weak play in our own zone/horrible backchecking...the horrible stickhandling...I can go on...

2 thoughts.

1. It was really obvious that the Sabres were playing their 2nd game in 2 nights.

2. I agree with everyone that Marty played a good 50 minutes. But late in the game when his team needed him, he was not there. Turn the pressure up, and he disappears.

With the game on the line - for whatever reason - Marty is NOT your guy, plain and simple.

I still think 2 million for his caliber of goaltending is money down the toilet.

A couple more thoughts...

- The Sabres ALWAYS suck with the 2 man advantage. It doesn't help when your best faceoff man gets schooled by the opponent twice in a row.

- We continue to be very weak along the boards. I don't see a lot of one on one battles for the puck being won even in games that the Sabres are coming out on top.

Blue, the Sabres would have been well done by then if not for Marty. Come on. The guy was freaking incredible for 50 mins., and I've seen Hasek let in weaker ones than that.

It doesn't matter how many big saves you make if you can't make the average save when the game is on the line in the 3rd period.

PS Marty was very good, but it's not like he faced 50 shots in the game. Describing his performance as incredible is a bit of a reach.

A couple more thoughts...

- The Sabres ALWAYS suck with the 2 man advantage. It doesn't help when your best faceoff man gets schooled by the opponent twice in a row.

- We continue to be very weak along the boards. I don't see a lot of one on one battles for the puck being won even in games that the Sabres are coming out on top.

It doesn't matter how many big saves you make if you can't make the average save when the game is on the line in the 3rd period.

PS Marty was very good, but it's not like he faced 50 shots in the game. Describing his performance as incredible is a bit of a reach.

If he wasn't making big saves in the first 2.5 periods, the game wouldn't have been "on the line." It would have been 7-2.