Game Discussion Thread

SabreInFla

I realize I'm pretty new on this board but since no one else started this one yet. This is one of those "should win" games. Obvioulsy Havlat makes a big difference in Chicago's level of play, but he is questionable for the game. 4-2 Buffalo....Max, Drury (2), Spacek(why not?)

I'll be there with the Buffalo crew! Can't wait to bring home the victory! Last time I was there I met Golisano, so Ill be looking for him. Listen for us :beer:

As I was flipping through channels last night I noticed several hockey games were on leading me to conclude it was time for Center Ice's midseason "freeview". Does anyone know the dates - I need to know whether I can watch my Swordsmen or I need to listen to XM.

Jan 8th - 14th. So you should be able to watch it tonight.

DirecTV channel 766, 8PM Eastern.

The only problem is that it will be the TSN feed, not MSG. It could be worse; it could be the Chicago feed.

Even worse because there MAY NOT be a Chicago feed... The 'Hawks don't put all the home games on Cable? I think just the away games go to Fox Sports Network...

For years the 'Hawks never had a cable contract... It is owner Bill Wirtz's way!

Even if I wasn't going to the game tonight... I am almost positive that even in this area I could NOT find it EVEN on cable???

That is one reason why many aren't passionate about hockey here anymore...

Even worse because there MAY NOT be a Chicago feed... The 'Hawks don't put all the home games on Cable? I think just the away games go to Fox Sports Network...

For years the 'Hawks never had a cable contract... It is owner Bill Wirtz's way!

Even if I wasn't going to the game tonight... I am almost positive that even in this area I could NOT find it EVEN on cable???

That is one reason why many aren't passionate about hockey here anymore...

I might bag on MSG (ads), but it's things like this that make me thankful for Galisano and the fact that I can watch all of the Sabres games on TV.

This from Knightrider's find of the 'Hawks board:

"Are you out of town? Unless you make it to the UC, you won't have to worry about watching it."

Such a storied franchise like the Blackhawks would do that to their fans in a HUGE market.

Bill Wirtz is truly an ass...

I think it will be a game... I NEVER witnessed a Sabre game in person that was a SABRE blowout! :D

I think it will be a game... I NEVER witnessed a Sabre game in person that was a SABRE blowout! :D

the only game i ever went to in buffalo was a 9-3 pasting of the whale at the aud the night before the bills hosted the broncos in snow-filled rich stadium. what an awesome weekend that was. every other game i've gone to has been on the road (ottawa a few times, montreal twice, boston a bunch of times).

i'm "this close" to making the switch to directv to see the rest of this season's games.

sorry about not starting the game thread this morning. I overslept, plus i thought it was thursday... Thanks to sabreinfla. Anyhow, this is definitely a game that the sabres should win. The BN was hinting that biron may get the start tonight. I'd love for marty to start tonight and miller to get the call tomorrow against hte leafs. This is a good benchmark game to see if the sabres "play down to their opponents level". I don't see it happening... Plus, our three all stars will want to show that weak western conference how its done. Buffalo 6 Chicago 1.

Is Direct TV definitely carrying Center Ice for free this week? I only see it as a "Freeview" for Digital Cable Subscribers.

Direct TV had the Freeview in October. Can anyone confirm?

I can't confirm because I have Center Ice, but I did see the words Freeview in the banners when I was watching all the games last night.

This was a good part too:

Those 'Hawks girls have too much clothing on. Less is more!

predictions for tonites game>>

IM pumped for it bc i jjst bought NHL center ice and this will be the 1st game i watch with this package.....

that being said, im kind of nervous, reminds me of the sabres playing at st louis, a far inferior club....

if sabres play to potential its a mismatch all the way, that being said i will try to be positive, sabres score an empty netter late and win 5-3, after trailing at least at one point in the game