Drew Stafford

Eleven

Drew Stafford, RW, North Dakota - Buffalo's first-round pick in 2004 is leading the Fighting Sioux in scoring with 15 goals and 27 points in 24 games. With two productive college seasons already under his belt, Stafford could be ready to make the jump to the pros at season's end.

(from TSN

But Wisconsin is still #1! Woo!

I've watched Drew play, he's an obvious 1st round NHL pick among the WCHA. Same with Jack Skille (#7 overall- Chicago).

I'm excited to see what he can do in a Sabres uniform, but (unlike whoever wrote the blurb I quoted) I'd rather see him play an 80-game season in Rochester first. The jump from a college schedule to the NHL schedule is a large leap, and one reason why Miller and Vanek are having good years is because they acclimated to the long schedule first.

I'm excited to see what he can do in a Sabres uniform, but (unlike whoever wrote the blurb I quoted) I'd rather see him play an 80-game season in Rochester first. The jump from a college schedule to the NHL schedule is a large leap, and one reason why Miller and Vanek are having good years is because they acclimated to the long schedule first.

The Sabres are ridiculously deep up front right now. There's no way he'd make the leap right away. He would be in Rochester for at least one season, probably two.

The Sabres are ridiculously deep up front right now. There's no way he'd make the leap right away. He would be in Rochester for at least one season, probably two.

if not more... he's no vanek by any means... but he is a good forward... he's probably turn out like Roy or Pominville i would think... he'll be in Rochester for a year or 2 at least... before he makes it to buffalo.

if not more... he's no vanek by any means... but he is a good forward... he's probably turn out like Roy or Pominville i would think... he'll be in Rochester for a year or 2 at least... before he makes it to buffalo.

I would guess that he would be mentioned by other teams when it comes time to make the deal with a goalie. Biron/Stafford for a top defensemen/forward. I don't like the idea of giving up a prospect like that. But inorder to make deals sometimes you have to.

I would guess that he would be mentioned by other teams when it comes time to make the deal with a goalie. Biron/Stafford for a top defensemen/forward. I don't like the idea of giving up a prospect like that. But inorder to make deals sometimes you have to.

I think you'd see someone like Paille involved in a deal like that before Stafford. He's a bit more NHL ready. Personally, I'd rather see Stafford move in that deal.

If we are going to get a quality NHL player, we may have to give up Zagrapan(sp). Biron might be enough to get a decent guy, but our best prospect might have to be in the deal if we are going to get top quality. If it is someone that is here for the long term, I would have no problem giving up Biron & Zagrapan. How about Biron, Zagrapan and Pyatt for Bertuzzi and Jovonoski? Depends on their contract status I suppose.

If we are going to get a quality NHL player, we may have to give up Zagrapan(sp).  Biron might be enough to get a decent guy, but our best prospect might have to be in the deal if we are going to get top quality.  If it is someone that is here for the long term, I would have no problem giving up Biron & Zagrapan.  How about Biron, Zagrapan and Pyatt for Bertuzzi and Jovonoski?  Depends on their contract status I suppose.

Jovo is a UFA this off-season and is on record as saying he wants to end his career in Vancouver so he'd most likely be a rent-a-player.

Bertuzzi is a sock-cucker and I don't want him anywhere near the Sabres roster. He can be a heck of a player but I can't stand the guy. Also, he makes over $5MM/yr, so I don't think I have to worry about seeing him wearing a Shatanic Goathead anytime soon.

IF the Sabres could get Jovo for Biron and Pyatt, I'd probably go for it (rental player or not), but I wouldn't throw Zagrapan into the mix. I'd be very surprised to see Vancouver trade Jovo away though.

I have season tickets, but I'm not sure if I'm going to the Frozen Tundra Hockey Classic (Lambeau game vs. Ohio State) yet. I have to buy WCHA playoff tickets on Monday first.

my dad's a big badger fan and lives in sheboygan falls. i got tickets for the game for his birthday, so i'm flying up for the game. should be a good time... cold, but good.

Jovo is a UFA this off-season and is on record as saying he wants to end his career in Vancouver so he'd most likely be a rent-a-player.

Bertuzzi is a sock-cucker and I don't want him anywhere near the Sabres roster. He can be a heck of a player but I can't stand the guy. Also, he makes over $5MM/yr, so I don't think I have to worry about seeing him wearing a Shatanic Goathead anytime soon.

IF the Sabres could get Jovo for Biron and Pyatt, I'd probably go for it (rental player or not), but I wouldn't throw Zagrapan into the mix. I'd be very surprised to see Vancouver trade Jovo away though.

Dave. I agree.

I wouldn't take Bertuzzi if he was free and was willing to play for the league min.

He should be in jail not in the NHL.

Dave. I agree.

I wouldn't take Bertuzzi if he was free and was willing to play for the league min.

He should be in jail not in the NHL.

I know you guys hate 'Tuzzi and I understand why, but a-holes like that are invaluable during playoff runs. He was nearly unstoppable during Vacouvers last playoff run.

I know you guys hate 'Tuzzi and I understand why, but a-holes like that are invaluable during playoff runs. He was nearly unstoppable during Vacouvers last playoff run.

Not even the Law could stop him. <_<

He's a criminal. The fact that he is still in the NHL is an insult.

Archived