Palffy retires

Kristian

You know, I almost feel bad for The Pens fans.

They've been a penny pinching team for years, with the results to match. They finally go out and spend some cash on the getting a cast of veterans to support a kid like Crosby, and then they fall apart like this

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/press/arts/1604.0.php

And Palffy and Recchi, at least IMO, were best of all the signings they did.

They've been a penny pinching team for years, with the results to match. They finally go out and spend some cash on the getting a cast of veterans to support a kid like Crosby, and then they fall apart like this

It's never a good thing when the league loses talented players. Ziggy was fun to watch.

He will be missed.

What do you know. Pittsburgh hires a HC who is tough on his players and next thing you know one of the primadonnas on the team calls it a career. Don't let the door hit you on your way back to Slovakia.

PS Palffy should ask Hasek how much he liked living back in the ole' country before he returned to the NHL. ;)

What do you know. Pittsburgh hires a HC who is tough on his players and next thing you know one of the primadonnas on the team calls it a career. Don't let the door hit you on your way back to Slovakia.

PS Palffy should ask Hasek how much he liked living back in the ole' country before he returned to the NHL. ;)

hmmm i don't know much about Palffy all i ever saw was the positives in palffy when he was in L.A. im told he's like another Satan though...

You may watch a little too much Don Cherry? You do realize he is a moron?

HA! I definitely DON'T feel sorry for the PENS!!

Ziggy was alot of fun to watch in Los Angeles.

For me it is hard to feel bad...they threw a bunch of money at players past their prime and that have been dealing with injuries the past 2-4 years. All the while they forgot about solidifying their d-line. That is what teams like the Rangers have done for years and you see where it got them.

Low round pick or B grade prospect. It's a salary dump for the Pens.

Who sits? Pominville.

I am against any rent-a-player.

So what if Recchi came in and scored some goals. It's a move that only works if the Sabres win the Cup. I think those expectations are a bit premature. I'd rather have Pominville on the ice gaining experience then paying Recchi a chunk of his contract to play a month or two.

Any player the Sabres pick up has to be here for the long term. They are still in the begining stages of the building process. They are stilling laying down the foundation of the house. Let's not start moving in untill the house is complete. ;)

So what if Recchi came in and scored some goals. It's a move that only works if the Sabres win the Cup. I think those expectations are a bit premature. I'd rather have Pominville on the ice gaining experience then paying Recchi a chunk of his contract to play a month or two.

Any player the Sabres pick up has to be here for the long term. They are still in the begining stages of the building process. They are stilling laying down the foundation of the house. Let's not start moving in untill the house is complete. ;)

What did you think when the Sabres brought in Joe Juneau? Donald Audette? I'm still waiting for Kamil Piros to make a splash in the NHL...

It's a really low risk move. You give up a small amount (with no real future detriment) to get a legit superstar that has Stanley Cup rings. Pominville won't forget how to play hockey sitting for a month. This team has every chance to compete for a Stanley Cup this year as long as Miller is healthy.

Why not pick up a powerful piece and take a shot this year when it would have almost no negative affect on the future?

I don't think DELUCA understands the full concept of winning.

I guess when Detroit, Dallas, New Jersey, Colorado rent players to win the cup they are wrong too.

If you could get Recchi for a third round pick then see you in the minors Roy it is a done deal.

He could be that push to get past some of his old teams like Philly or Montreal if they make it.

I would think he would get us a lot further in the playoffs the Roy. I bet you Roy disappears come playoffs, he is too soft and too inexperienced where Recchi would step up.

I am sorry Deluca did you say build a house or hockey team???

Tell the buffalo sabres hockey club or any club for that matter that you can win too fast and win LORD STANLEY's CUP too fast??? :huh:

Thank you for clearifying your stance on Don Cherry DELUCA......

i wouldnt be against one cheap rental of a playoff veteran. someone who has had success in the playoffs.

Then again drury has a ring to prove his been there, so do we need much more? Numminen isnt exactly a rookie as well. i can see both sides. im gonna trust regier for once on this one.

I'd rather have Pominville on the ice than Recchi.

Thank god you aren't the Sabres GM.

You would rather have a rookie with 14 points than an NHL superstar with Stanley Cup rings and nearly 40 points this season?

I love Jason Pominville. In 5 years he could be a better player than Mark Recchi, but he isn't right now.

If you add Recchi and a Top 4 D-Man to this team, they won't just be another face in the playoffs. They will be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.

You would rather have a rookie with 14 points than an NHL superstar with Stanley Cup rings and nearly 40 points this season?

I love Jason Pominville. In 5 years he could be a better player than Mark Recchi, but he isn't right now.

If you add Recchi and a Top 4 D-Man to this team, they won't just be another face in the playoffs. They will be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.

While I don't agree with Deluca about this, you are stretching the facts a little bit. Recchi has 36 points, Pominville has 14. But there is another stat that is equally important. Recchi has twice as many games played. Not really as much of a discrepancy anymore.

While I am not 100% sure on the issue and think that there are better options than Recchi, maybe Pominville does not become a better player in 5 years if he misses out on valuable late-season/playoff, stick-tightening, OT hockey...

Archived