GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I feel like complacency has got a good foot hold on this team. What looked like a strength coming into the season may in fact be their downfall. The roster is completely set. Yes, Paetsch has been their all season and Stafford played in place of Peters, but these moves are not inspiring the team. Certain players need to know they can be benched. I'm tired of seeing the same guys coasting. Knowing how tight the Sabres are against the cap, I feel like a trade, to give us some cap space could really be in order. There are three or four guys in Rochester that could really infuse some life into this team.

Reminds me of Buccigross' pet peeve. Why not take six or seven seconds and skate to the bench and get a new stick?

I was thinking the same thing. Some guys are OK without a stick - I seem to remember Hecht without one on a OK and he harassed the point man into losing the puck into the neutral zone. And IIRC, there were a couple opportunities for Pommer to quickly get a new one, when the puck went into the corner/behind the net and was being challenged by the Sabres' PK...