GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

I'd love for biron to start tonight. Not that miller was the sole reason for the sens loss, but this team needs a shakeup. Paetsch in for Tallinder also, but that really does not worry me. Tallinder hasn't really helped the PP, and he was great with the PK till wednesday. The shakeup will be good for the sabres. Tonight they have the neutralize malkin and crosby and hope that they can grind out a goal if they come out flying in the 1st. Wednesday's game was totally mental. They lost that game because they did not score early and were scored upon shorthanded. Totally mental... which they can't get trapped with tonight against the pens. Buffalo 3, Pittsburgh 2, OT. The Sabres need an OT thriller... haven't had one of those in a while.

8pm

I'd love for biron to start tonight. Not that miller was the sole reason for the sens loss, but this team needs a shakeup. Paetsch in for Tallinder also, but that really does not worry me. Tallinder hasn't really helped the PP, and he was great with the PK till wednesday. The shakeup will be good for the sabres. Tonight they have the neutralize malkin and crosby and hope that they can grind out a goal if they come out flying in the 1st. Wednesday's game was totally mental. They lost that game because they did not score early and were scored upon shorthanded. Totally mental... which they can't get trapped with tonight against the pens. Buffalo 3, Pittsburgh 2, OT. The Sabres need an OT thriller... haven't had one of those in a while.

:lol: You always want to start Biron to shake things up. I think if Miller gets the nod tonight, he's going to come out mad, and when he comes out mad good things happen. Biron should get one start this weekend, but not tonight.

No problem here with Marty tonight and Ryan against the Laffs...

This weekend was being split no matter how the Ottawa game went. I just hate discussions of a goaltending controversy.

Ryan Miller is 21-6-2. It seems after each of the 6 losses, someone thinks we need to start Marty to "shake things up," or start a goaltening controversy. :thumbdown:

I'm not saying anything to start a goaltender controversy, or shake things up - but rather to give him a rest. He's played 5 straight with back-to-back games coming up, and Ryan's last game was a clunker, even if the goals he allowed were not his fault. I am voting to give him a night off against the Pens, and let him come back fresh for the Leafs. Period, end of story. You agreed the weekend was being split - are you disagreeing about which games to play them in?

I'm not saying anything to start a goaltender controversy, or shake things up - but rather to give him a rest. He's played 5 straight with back-to-back games coming up, and Ryan's last game was a clunker, even if the goals he allowed were not his fault. I am voting to give him a night off against the Pens, and let him come back fresh for the Leafs. Period, end of story. You agreed the weekend was being split - are you disagreeing about which games to play them in?

I wasn't arguing with you. You were not the one suggesting that we shake things up. If I were Lindy (which I am not), I originally would have gone with Marty tonight and Ryan tomorrow. However, after the last game, and knowing that most goalies are kind of quirky I would give Ryan the start tonight, to basically show him it's still his job and that the coaching staff still has faith in him.

Unless Biron gets a shutout tonight, that is.....

By saying that, didn't you just assure that he won't? :lol:

I wasn't arguing with you. You were not the one suggesting that we shake things up. If I were Lindy (which I am not), I originally would have gone with Marty tonight and Ryan tomorrow. However, after the last game, and knowing that most goalies are kind of quirky I would give Ryan the start tonight, to basically show him it's still his job and that the coaching staff still has faith in him.

My bad, I thought you were taking issue with me suggesting Marty plays tonight. :oops:

This game can't come fast enough! I'm sick of the analysis and overanalysis of the Ottawa game. If Buffalo goes into a tailspin and loses more than three or four in a row, I'll start getting worried. The only people who should be dwelling on the blowout are the ones who have to skate in front of their home crowd tonight. For the rest of us, let's just pretend it never happened and have fun welcoming the weekend by watching the Sabres beat the Pens tonight.

starting marty is the best way to shake things up with this team... With a team of scrubs, like the flyers or 01-02 sabres, you could bench so an so, adjust lines, and do things like that. This team is so chemistry driven that changing the goalie seems to be the best option... Not to mention that marty's the starting goalie for 20 out of the 30 teams in the NHL anyways. The BN quoted ruff as stating that marty will either start tonight or tomorrow...

starting marty is the best way to shake things up with this team... With a team of scrubs, like the flyers or 01-02 sabres, you could bench so an so, adjust lines, and do things like that. This team is so chemistry driven that changing the goalie seems to be the best option... Not to mention that marty's the starting goalie for 20 out of the 30 teams in the NHL anyways. The BN quoted ruff as stating that marty will either start tonight or tomorrow...

Which 20 teams would Marty start for?

Anaheim? Nope, they have 2 goalies that are better.

Atlanta? No.

Boston? Maybe, but I would give Thomas a slight edge.

Calgary, Not a chance.

Carolina? No.

Chicago? No.

Colorado? Maybe, but unlikely.

Columbus? Maybe, but probably not.

Dallas? No.

Detroit? No.

Edmonton? No.

Florida? He could probably start here.

L.A.? Maybe, but Garon would probably beat him out.

Minnesota? No.

Montreal? No, they have 2 goalies that are better.

Nashville? No, they have 2 goalies that are better.

New Jersey? Nope, Brodeur is better.

Islanders? Nope, I'd take DiPietro over Marty.

Rangers? Nope, I'd definately start Lundqvist over Marty.

Ottawa? No.

Philadelphia? He has a good chance, although I'd give Niittymaki a slight edge.

Phoenix? Close, but yes.

Pittsburgh? No, Fluery has a lot of potential and he needs to play to develop.

St. Louis? No, I would take Legace over Marty.

San Jose? No, they have 2 goalies that are better.

Tampa? Yes.

Washington? No, I'd take Kolzig over Marty.

Toronto? Maybe.

Vancouver? No.

EDIT: The team is 29-8-3, nothing needs to be shaken up. They had a bad game and that's it. Don't create problems that don't exist yet.

Which 20 teams would Marty start for?

Anaheim? Nope, they have 2 goalies that are better.

Atlanta? No.

Boston? Maybe, but I would give Thomas a slight edge.

Calgary, Not a chance.

Carolina? No.

Chicago? No.

Colorado? Maybe, but unlikely.

Columbus? Maybe, but probably not.

Dallas? No.

Detroit? No.

Edmonton? No.

Florida? He could probably start here.

L.A.? Maybe, but Garon would probably beat him out.

Minnesota? No.

Montreal? No, they have 2 goalies that are better.

Nashville? No, they have 2 goalies that are better.

New Jersey? Nope, Brodeur is better.

Islanders? Nope, I'd take DiPietro over Marty.

Rangers? Nope, I'd definately start Lundqvist over Marty.

Ottawa? No.

Philadelphia? He has a good chance, although I'd give Niittymaki a slight edge.

Phoenix? Close, but yes.

Pittsburgh? No, Fluery has a lot of potential and he needs to play to develop.

St. Louis? No, I would take Legace over Marty.

San Jose? No, they have 2 goalies that are better.

Tampa? Yes.

Washington? No, I'd take Kolzig over Marty.

Toronto? Maybe.

Vancouver? No.

EDIT: The team is 29-8-3, nothing needs to be shaken up. They had a bad game and that's it. Don't create problems that don't exist yet.

I'd put him in the yes category in Colorado, Florida, Filly, St. Louis, and Tampa. And put him in the maybe category in Boston, Columbus, Ottawa, Phoenix, and Toronto. Giving him all of those, that's 10.

Personally I would love to see Ryan play 65 games and still have a lot in the tank for the playoffs, but as long as we have a "capable" backup in Marty, why not give him some games here and there and keep Ryan fresh for the real season.