Kid Crysby

Kristian

Am I the only one who's getting steadily sick of hearing this high-school kid, whine about anything and anybody?

I know he's only 18, but for Pete's sake, if he kept his mouth shut and conenctrated on staying out of the box a little more, maybe the Pens wouldn't be in such bad shape?

Also, someone PLEASE take the "A" away from him. All he does is complain to the refs everytime the whistle blows. He could sure take some pointers from Ovechkin.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/01/252906.html

What do you expect? The kid is 18 years old, was expected to be the savior of the sport, playing on a team full of veterans who don't seem to care, while half the hockey world loves him, and the other half hates him.

Why should he not have the A? He is at least trying to step up, while the team's "leaders" aren't doing anything.

He's an adult, but in the NHL, he's an infant.

Young players let their emotions get out of control somtimes- it's characteristic. They get mad/even, and they go to the box. Such is life.

agreed... im one of the ones who are part of the hate side... i thought id be alone in this campagain but clearly i am not... he's not a saviour and he's not as 'amazing' as predicted... Ovechkin is an example of a good all around player that will develop into a highly skilled forward... the difference is training i think... european hockey training is much tougher and the expectations are higher... therefore there is more discipline... theres less placement on training in canada and more reliance on natural talent... Crosby has no discipline... and the whole team is laying back because they think... 'oh yea saviour eh... is that so... well show him, he wants to save us, let him go for it' So basically everyone but him and lemiuex give up... and the lack of goaltending in that god forsaken hole in the ground they call 'pitts'burgh is terrible... they won't be there next year... or at least i hope not.

Sorry for rant... just saw the opportunity.

god forsaken hole in the ground they call 'pitts'burgh is terrible... they won't be there next year... or at least i hope not.

Say what you will about its team or players, but the City of Pittsburgh has heart. It's a lot like Buffalo and Cleveland in some respects-always getting #%^$#! on by fools who don't know any better.

There are a lot worse towns for that team to be in than Pittsburgh. Memphis? Houston? Indianapolis? San Antonio? Las Vegas?

In this comparison, the Sabres were lucky for its lease with the Aud to expire when it did- the city had enough money to help construction efforts on HSBC at the time. No way could that get by now with a state control board.

Pittsburgh is in a similar situation- the city can't afford to keep the team, but it probably could've 10 years ago. As of 19 games, Pittsburgh had a higher average attendance than Buffalo- it's a hockey town.

agreed... im one of the ones who are part of the hate side... i thought id be alone in this campagain but clearly i am not... he's not a saviour and he's not as 'amazing' as predicted... Ovechkin is an example of a good all around player that will develop into a highly skilled forward... the difference is training i think... european hockey training is much tougher and the expectations are higher... therefore there is more discipline... theres less placement on training in canada and more reliance on natural talent... Crosby has no discipline... and the whole team is laying back because they think... 'oh yea saviour eh... is that so... well show him, he wants to save us, let him go for it' So basically everyone but him and lemiuex give up... and the lack of goaltending in that god forsaken hole in the ground they call 'pitts'burgh is terrible... they won't be there next year... or at least i hope not.

Sorry for rant... just saw the opportunity.

I've said it a bunch of times already, but I will say it again...In the end he is going to be a better player than Ovechkin. Comparing the two now is unfair. The years between 18-20 are two of the biggest years in a forward's development. Also, I think this TSN article (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=151293&hubname=nhl) hits the nail right on the head when it states that Ovechkin's "playing experience against pros gives him an edge." I'm not taking anything away from the QMJHL, but it is not the Russian Super League, expecially not last year.

I think Crosby's critics are unfair to him in other respects too. Yes, he has a lot of hype. But I think his critics expect too much of him. I wonder at what level he needs to be playing at to get some credit from his critics? Just for comparison's sake, when Gretzky was the same age in his rookie year in the WHA, he put up 46 goals and 110 points http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...layer.cgi?1074). Crosby is on pace for 39 goals and 92 points (http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey/_i6faovf8s32t/player.cgi?4093).

While Crosby's numbers don't match Gretzky, I would still say they are great numbers for an 18 year old.

I've said it a bunch of times already, but I will say it again...In the end he is going to be a better player than Ovechkin. Comparing the two now is unfair. The years between 18-20 are two of the biggest years in a forward's development. Also, I think this TSN article (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=151293&hubname=nhl) hits the nail right on the head when it states that Ovechkin's "playing experience against pros gives him an edge." I'm not taking anything away from the QMJHL, but it is not the Russian Super League, expecially not last year.

I think Crosby's critics are unfair to him in other respects too. Yes, he has a lot of hype. But I think his critics expect too much of him. I wonder at what level he needs to be playing at to get some credit from his critics? Just for comparison's sake, when Gretzky was the same age in his rookie year in the WHA, he put up 46 goals and 110 points http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...layer.cgi?1074). Crosby is on pace for 39 goals and 92 points (http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey/_i6faovf8s32t/player.cgi?4093).

While Crosby's numbers don't match Gretzky, I would still say they are great numbers for an 18 year old.

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, just that he should shut his trap and play hockey, instead of taking every opportunity to bitch and whine over something.

I think Gretzky was 16 years old when he did that. SIXTEEN!!!

He's an adult, but in the NHL, he's an infant.

Young players let their emotions get out of control somtimes- it's characteristic. They get mad/even, and they go to the box. Such is life.

thats why i am saying its the fault of the veterans around him, to control him and show him whats right to do and whats wrong to do. his behaviour is unacceptable. simple as.

You make a good point. But, this comes back to why he is wearing the A. No one else has really stepped up and taken a leadership role.

i guess thats because no one really cares... as soon as news broke that theres slim to no chance of that team being in pittsburgh next year... anyone and everyone near that organization gave up... cept poor crosby who just started his career and wants to keep playing... its like a little kid who got to the playground late... all the other kids are tired and done playing... they just want to go home... so he's left all alone to play in the playground by himself... (an analogy... if you will)

Crosby is still a kid, and he is damn talented.............You can tell the Pens suck big time and have very little heart, for this reason alone..........<IF ANYONE RAN OR GAVE GRETZKY A CHEAP SHOT, HE WOULD BE LYING ON THE ICE BLEEDING FROM SEVERAL PARTS OF THEIR BODY............Anyone every heard of Dave "Cement hands" Semenko...........<that was his job, to take care of the Great One, sometimes Messier would do it if Semenko was already in the box...........By the way the Pens just traded for Eric Cairns to help rectify this situation.......... B-)

Crosby is still a kid, and he is damn talented.............You can tell the Pens suck big time and have very little heart, for this reason alone..........<IF ANYONE RAN OR GAVE GRETZKY A CHEAP SHOT, HE WOULD BE LYING ON THE ICE BLEEDING FROM SEVERAL PARTS OF THEIR BODY............Anyone every heard of Dave "Cement hands" Semenko...........<that was his job, to take care of the Great One, sometimes Messier would do it if Semenko was already in the box...........By the way the Pens just traded for Eric Cairns to help rectify this situation.......... B-)

meh.... crosby is still going to be picked on... Kovalchuck is my new favorite non-sabre that thing he did to crosby when he left the box was priceless... and that will continue on... its not going to stop until he gets his nose bloodied a bit a realise that its the 'real' hockey world not the QMJHL

Archived