Black netting vs. white/translucent netting

LabattBlue

I noticed on one of the replays last night that Edmonton has the black netting behind the goals.

I give the Sabres credit. They originially had the black netting and it sucked. It was very annoying with the contrast from the white ice. I'm not sure when they replaced it, but the white/translucent netting is much easier on the eyes especially if you have to look through it the entire game.

Kudos to whomever approved this change at HSBC!!

Another Edmonton/Rexall Place observation...maybe someone from Western Canada can answer this -- why does their camera feed always look dark, shadowy and grainy? Whenever they play the Sabes, or even on HNIC, it just looks odd, and I think it's the only arena that has these camera issues. Any thoughts?

Another Edmonton/Rexall Place observation...maybe someone from Western Canada can answer this -- why does their camera feed always look dark, shadowy and grainy? Whenever they play the Sabes, or even on HNIC, it just looks odd, and I think it's the only arena that has these camera issues. Any thoughts?

I've always thought that MSG(the arena not the tv station) looks dark for hockey games.

I'll add another observation. The camera was above the team benches, looking across to the penalty boxes. I don't remember seeing that at any other games.

Archived