GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

I really don't have much to say about this game. The sabres are finally healthy, they're rolling, and they must beat the senators. For whatever reason, ottawa has had our number this year. They played horrible against the sens the last time that they played together, so i think its time we set ottawa straight. I would like to see paetsch in a regular rotation for numminen though. Maybe kalinin too? remember how well dimitri played after he was benched last year? he played great. I'd love for him to get benched again.

Alfredson has stepped up his game in the absence of Fisher and Spezza. Give Ottawa credit, for as bad as they started, they are nestled nicely in the middle of the playoff hunt and they have used the Sabres to right their ship. Time to reverse this trend and put a healthy beating on them.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but it looks like Emery will once again be in net for the Sens tonight. He's owned the Sabres this year (3-0, 4 GA) and in regulation in general (7-1-1, 2.47 GAA). Man, what a bust Gerber has been for them. Almost makes me feel bad for them. Almost. ;)

Prediction: Ottawa tallies a quick goal in the first but Buffalo has a monster second and wins, 4-1.

One consistent theme this year is that when the Sabres come out with intensity, nobody can stay with them. Having lost 3 in a row to these hosers, I expect them to come out good and PO'd. Also, Miller is in the zone and they are missing 3 of their top centers. We should win convincingly.

Sabres, 4-1. Kotalik, Briere, Roy (in his hometown) and, what the heck, Teppo with the goals.

Emery will make or break the Senators tonight. He was named one of the NHL's "3 Stars" last week (per TSN.ca: Emery backstopped the Senators to three consecutive victories, posting a 0.66 goals-against average, .977 save percentage and two shutouts. Emery improved his season record to 15-9-0 with a 2.42 goals-against average, a .923 save percentage and three shutouts.)

So he's hot right now, which to me is strange because he always looks so rattled in there.

BTW, Comrie isn't playing for them 2nite is he?

Emery will make or break the Senators tonight. He was named one of the NHL's "3 Stars" last week (per TSN.ca: Emery backstopped the Senators to three consecutive victories, posting a 0.66 goals-against average, .977 save percentage and two shutouts. Emery improved his season record to 15-9-0 with a 2.42 goals-against average, a .923 save percentage and three shutouts.)

So he's hot right now, which to me is strange because he always looks so rattled in there.

BTW, Comrie isn't playing for them 2nite is he?

Could be an interesting goaltending matchup. Miller's 1.00 GAA, and .967 SV% in his last 3 starts is not too shabby either.

If Miller stays hot, the Sabres skate away with this one. They look focused and recharged; if they play their game no one can hang with them.

I really don't have much to say about this game. The sabres are finally healthy, they're rolling, and they must beat the senators. For whatever reason, ottawa has had our number this year. They played horrible against the sens the last time that they played together, so i think its time we set ottawa straight. I would like to see paetsch in a regular rotation for numminen though. Maybe kalinin too? remember how well dimitri played after he was benched last year? he played great. I'd love for him to get benched again.

I am all for anything that gets Paetsch more game experience, and in the process keeps Teppo fresh for the postseason. Maybe Teppo can pick up Michael Jackson's hyperbaric chamber in his estate auction...

Uh oh.. Vanek got crunched... Hope he isn't hurt. He's still on the bench though..

EDIT: He's back and playing.. no worries I guess.

Sabres putting all kinds of shots on goal but nothing is going in...

I'm officially worried. We haven't had such a dominating period in a long time and we got nothing to show for it. Ottawa took our best effort and withstood it. I suspect that the Sens will get many more chances in the second.. Hope I'm wrong... Played 4-3 and their 3 outplayed our 4 badly.

I'm worried about this game too... We're absolutely dominating the play and emery is the only reason why the score isn't 6-0. More often than not, the team that's getting shelled finds a way to come back. Hope the sabres can bury a friggin PP chance to open the 2nd.

Besides the score, i really don't think i've seen as good a 1st period in a long time. Time to dial in the scoring touch!