GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

4pm

This game will be shown on the Vs network, not MSG, so take note.

Well, its the sabres and the islanders. I think the sabres will keep on rolling and will want to set the new year off with a bang. The islanders will come to play though, so the sabres will HAVE to be tough. Hopefully spacek will be ok from taking that shot to the knee... The is also ted nolan's first game in Buffalo since the 1997 playoffs. Not expecting it, but i hope the team does something for him with a pregame video or something... Imagine how that place would rock if they showed the plante goal, barnaby, boughner, ray, and may beating up people, and the snow vs. shields fight? Good lord....

Anyhow, i thing the sabres will roll in this one, 5-1.

The Sabres won't do anything nice for Nolan, but the fans will. I'm sure he'll get a rousing ovation; one that he deserves. Then the Sabres will kick his team's azz all over the ice.

remember the debate over lindy vs. nolan? those were the days!!! Nolan was a great coach for those guys back then. Time will tell if he's great now, but come on folks... the only thing holding us back from calling Lindy "Future hall of famer Lindy" is time. I wish Nolan well, and it'll be interesting to see if he can inspire the uninspirable (yashin, satan, zhitnik), but i wish a thrashing upon his team today!!

but damn, those 1995-1997 years were fun. The team basically sucked as bad as the 01-03 team, but boy were they fun to watch!

Islanders have been playing well as of late, look for Satan to have a solid game and Nolan will get his guys up and ready for this game. That said, Sabres won't disappoint on a Holiday and for a crazy crowd at HSBC Arena....

4-2 Sabres. Vanek, Briere, Kotalik and Spacek with goals.

Satan does score one though for the Isles.

Islanders have been playing well as of late, look for Satan to have a solid game and Nolan will get his guys up and ready for this game. That said, Sabres won't disappoint on a Holiday and for a crazy crowd at HSBC Arena....

4-2 Sabres. Vanek, Briere, Kotalik and Spacek with goals.

Satan does score one though for the Isles.

Only if the Sabres are already up by 6 or there are less than 30 seconds left. Meaningful goals and Ziro don't go hand-in-hand too often.

Anyone know if the game is Versus exclusive, or do I have to listen to the idiots from the Islanders broadcast booth this afternoon?

I'm listening to the game online from the Buffalo feed. Great to hear Rick and Jim!!! :thumbsup: :beer:

I just heard Miller make a spectacular save. Who did he stop?

Some would argue that the Versus broadcasters are idiots too. <_<

I've heard that too. Too bad they won't play HNIC on any of the American networks.

I'm listening to the game online from the Buffalo feed. Great to hear Rick and Jim!!! :thumbsup: :beer:

I just heard Miller make a spectacular save. Who did he stop?

I've heard that too. Too bad they won't play HNIC on any of the American networks.

He stopped Park. Basically a shot hit the cross bar hard, came out. Park had what looked like a wide open net. Miller dove across to make the glove save.