Sabres & Amerks

inkman

The article in the D&C got me thinking. They better get this deal done. I don't want the amerks solely affiliated with another franchise. It just won't be the same. Anyone else care about this stuff? I would like to hear from a Sabres fan who might not have any vested interest in the Amerks.

For at least the last 2 times the affiliation deal has been up for renewal, Donner gets Kevin O. to write an article about how the Amerks aren't happy with the deal, they might switch affilitates (Tampa is always a favorite suitor), the Sabres are screwing them, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I would be very surprised to see the teams change affiliates as it just makes too much sense to keep the arrangement working. Heck, in this article Donner is even quoted as expecting the affiliation to continue.

As a Rochester resident, i'd hope the Sabres get a new farm team. Donner is the cheapest owner in all of the AHL. Alot of the fans in Rochester hate him, and he is demanding money from the Sabres because he won't fork any of it himself.

I'd rather see a Sabres farm team to go Southern Onterio, and try to get their fanbase into the Sabres more then not.

I'd be sad to lose Rochester but oh well, live goes on.

The rumour i've heard was that the NYR will be in Rochester next season, unless Amerks and Buffalo strike a deal, which isn't too likey.

He worked in Sabres marketing department from '83-'92. He then went to TB where he was VP of Marketing before becoming CEO of Amerks in '94. He bought Amerks in '95.

Thanks. I'm just wondering from the business side of the AHL, what salaries does the minor league owner pay for? It would seem like a fairly profitable business when most of your employees(the players), are being paid by the parent club.

Donner is the cheapest owner in all of the AHL.

Do you have a source, or is this just your perception of an owner who actually might be trying to make money. I think fans get a little touchy with the $. I can't blame any owner for trying to make $. What exactly about this proposition do you consider cheap. I think he has always had the Rochester fans at the top of his list because if we don't go, he doesn't make $. He just wants assurances that his team will be given a chance to be compete. What is wrong with that?

How is it that Florida can call up Amerk's players?  Does Buffalo get first dibs?

They supply the Amerks with 8 skaters. Buffalo can't call up Panther property and vice versa.

If Buffalo was the sole parent of the Amerks, they would have dibs on any Rochester players without NHL affiliation; since it is a joint affiliation, I'd assume either team could call up an Amerk that has no NHL affiliation.

They supply the Amerks with 8 skaters. Buffalo can't call up Panther property and vice versa.

If Buffalo was the sole parent of the Amerks, they would have dibs on any Rochester players without NHL affiliation; since it is a joint affiliation, I'd assume either team could call up an Amerk that has no NHL affiliation.

Yes and in turn, they would have to sign them to a tryout contract because the player would solely be property of the Amerks. I kinda like the dual affiliation. Due to all the injuries and call ups the Amerks have barely been able to field a roster but if they didn't have Sabres and Panthers on their roster it would have been an ECHL team.

Archived