GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

this is a huge game for the sabres, as all seem to be now. If the sabres want to prove that they're the best, they must continue to beat the teams hot on their trails, such as the thrashers. The sabres are starting to roll on all 8 cylinders again too, so i don't really expect them to fall back now. Plus they've got some motivation from Ruff's callout about their uninspired play in the 1st period of the canes game. My only regret is that i'm again unable to watch the games! I can't wait to get home to my center ice! (i'm not complaining too much though, i got to see the caps game live).

Anyhow, you can listen to the game at wgr550.com, you can talk about the game here in this thread or in the sabrespace chatroom! GO SABRES!

I predict a big first period for the Sabres, after Ruff calling them out for starting slow. 2 or 3 goals in the first + solid D + Miller should = another Buffalo win :thumbsup:

DB, Soupy, Kotalik (to extend his scoring streak to 6 games), and I'm feeling some Goose tonight. :beer:

Hope I'm wrong, but we are Atlanta's bitch and I predict another loss.

Sorry. Again, I'm open to being wrong.

Nope, Sabres should win pretty big tonight. Waddell's crew hasn't had to face the Sabres with Henrik in the lineup and that will make a huge difference.

As I said a couple of days ago, I'm looking for a sign that this team has achieved elite status. I wanted to see them beat Washington, Carolina, Atlanta, NYI, Ottawa, Toronto and Pittsburgh IN A ROW. I know that is a lot to ask, but they are certainly capable. I want them to send a message to the rest of the league that they are worthy of their number 1/2 status in the NHL.

So far so good, they took impressive care of Washington and Carolina. Knock back Atlanta next.

This is a big test. Right now, I think there are only two teams in the East that could win a seven-game series against Buffalo: Atlanta and Montreal.

Ottawa may just squeak into the playoffs this year (at least it appears that way at this point), but I'd add them into that mix as well because the Sabres haven't proven they can beat them.

Hope I'm wrong, but we are Atlanta's bitch

I disagree there. We were 4-4 against them the last two seasons, and lost in a shootout by a single shot this season.

Personally, I think we're going to win this game. I'd like to see a big win. I'd love to see Miller get that elusive shut out. But when everything is said and done, I'll be happy with just the win.

Ottawa may just squeak into the playoffs this year (at least it appears that way at this point), but I'd add them into that mix as well because the Sabres haven't proven they can beat them.

Forget about it man, Ottawa folds like a cheap lawn chair in the playoffs.........This won't change..... :beer:

The Thrashers were the better team for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd period, but Buffalo's 3 on 1 rush was the only difference maker as they win the period and go into the 3rd up 2-0. Miller and our PK have been the highlights of the game so far. The team started to heat it up in the last few minutes. Let's Go Buffalo!

Anyone else get a kick out of the faux-tough guys who act like they want to get involved in the scrum but just hang around the edge yapping? Sort of like Larsen was doing in that last scrum that set up the 4-on-4...