GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Wow was that pretty ... 3-1 ... I also love Lindy making sure to have 2 D-men on the PP, even Lydman and Tallinder at the end here ... Atlanta has been thinking shortie all night, and being smart like that is how you win games when you are not at your best.

All the Buffalo goals were really pretty, the empty netter excluded

Well they certainly were not at their best tonight but ... what does it say when they just beat the three hottest teams in the East, by three goals each, without ever playing a complete game, and never trailed in any of them?

For one thing it says that Miller is playing really well ... but is it any coincidence they are now 13-0-1 with Tallinder in the lineup?

Again, they have not been perfect, but you can't argue with the results.

Well they certainly were not at their best tonight but ... what does it say when they just beat the three hottest teams in the East, by three goals each, without ever playing a complete game, and never trailed in any of them?

For one thing it says that Miller is playing really well ... but is it any coincidence they are now 13-0-1 with Tallinder in the lineup?

Again, they have not been perfect, but you can't argue with the results.

I think it says that the only people that can beat the Sabres are on the same team. When they play like they think they can show up and win, like the opponent is just going to bow down before their greatness, then they get into trouble. If they come out and play like they need to, I can't honestly see a team that will beat them...and that includes Anaheim

Although the Sabres' PP has been slowly crawling back to life, a big improvement has been overlooked; the PK. Opponents have been 0-13 in the last 4 games since Tallinder has returned. Great win, Good Guys! :thumbsup:

Refresh my memory, please. Didn't Tallinder file for arbitration at the end of last season, only to see Darcy ante up to avoid the arbiter? Whatever the case, this was a good deal all around!!! :thumbsup:

i believe that lindy secured the all star eastern conference head coach position with tonight's victory.

I d id not see the game, however from what i heard, the sabres were just good enough to capitalize on opportunities that they should have. The PK was excellent tonight, as was miller. Great to see vanek pad his stats with the ENer, as he's been really playing hard. My only concern is that spacek's knee might be a lingering thing for a couple of weeks. Time will tell... Anyhow, awesome way to end the year!! after that game 7 in june, who would have thought that moment would mearly be a stepping stone rather than a defining moment of the year 2006... Time will tell the truth about 2006, but at this moment, 2006 simply sets up the greatness to come in 2007. GO SABRES!!!

As I said a couple of days ago, I'm looking for a sign that this team has achieved elite status. I wanted to see them beat Washington, Carolina, Atlanta, NYI, Ottawa, Toronto and Pittsburgh IN A ROW. I know that is a lot to ask, but they are certainly capable. I want them to send a message to the rest of the league that they are worthy of their number 1/2 status in the NHL.

So far so good, they took impressive care of Washington and Carolina. Knock back Atlanta next.

Okay.. Watched the games at my folks house with a ton of family. That makes three Washington, Carolina and now Atlanta in a row. Ted Nolan is up next...

Been in Buffalo for a week now and heading back tomorrow. Does the sun ever shine here in winter?

Happy New Year everyone...