Miller moving on up.

deluca67

#5 in goals against average

#4 save %

Is Miller eligible for the Calder?

He is, but how could anyone possibly vote against Ovechkin? Of course, Crosby will probably steal the thing, but Ovechkin deserves it.

It also doesn't help Miller that Lundqvist is having a strong year.

He is, but how could anyone possibly vote against Ovechkin? Of course, Crosby will probably steal the thing, but Ovechkin deserves it.

It also doesn't help Miller that Lundqvist is having a strong year.

Politics aside. I'd be willing to take up that fight.

Miller numbers are very close Lundqvist. Lund has appeared in 12 more games and only has 5 more wins. I have no doubt that gap will close quickly as long as Miller is Healthy.

Miller should be in the converstaion as a serious canidate.

Ovech and Kid Cryer are battling to see who plays with next years #1 overall. Anyway Kid Cryer should be third behind Svatos among skaters.

;)

you know what gets me the most is that pittsburgh and washington will again have a chance at a number one pick... oh well... i guess id rather be successful then draft one player that makes a small difference... lets face it i think pittsburgh is doing worse this year then last year... i think? maybe not.

Politics aside. I'd be willing to take up that fight.

Miller numbers are very close Lundqvist. Lund has appeared in 12 more games and only has 5 more wins. I have no doubt that gap will close quickly as long as Miller is Healthy.

Miller should be in the converstaion as a serious canidate.

Ovech and Kid Cryer are battling to see who plays with next years #1 overall. Anyway Kid Cryer should be third  behind Svatos among skaters.

;)

Much like a pitcher in baseball, wins are not the best measure of a goalie. I've always believed that save percentage is the best and I don't think I need to explain that. The only time wins should enter the picture is when two goalies have very similar stats, so I guess that's ok in this situation. The problem here is that I doubt very many voters are going to want to go with one of the goalies. For those that do, Miller and Lundqvist are going to steal votes from each other.

The main reason I think Ovechkin should win it, asside from his very strong point totals, is the fact that he's basically even in +/-. Playing on that terrible Caps team, this is a very impressive stat.

edit: Saber61, Pittsburgh also has Malkin waiting in the wings too. That team is going to have some scary young talent for years.

Much like a pitcher in baseball, wins are not the best measure of a goalie. I've always believed that save percentage is the best and I don't think I need to explain that. The only time wins should enter the picture is when two goalies have very similar stats, so I guess that's ok in this situation. The problem here is that I doubt very many voters are going to want to go with one of the goalies. For those that do, Miller and Lundqvist are going to steal votes from each other.

The main reason I think Ovechkin should win it, asside from his very strong point totals, is the fact that he's basically even in +/-. Playing on that terrible Caps team, this is a very impressive stat.

edit: Saber61, Pittsburgh also has Malkin waiting in the wings too. That team is going to have some scary young talent for years.

Miller was 3rd in TSN's rookie watch until he got hurt.

I think Ovechkin will probably win the Calder this year, but Crosby will end up with a more successful career. Many forget that Ovechkin is 21, and Crosby is 18. When you're that young, those 3 years make a huge difference.

25. New York Islanders (20-23-2; Previous: 24) ? Team USA goalie update: Rick DiPietro was pulled for the third time this season Saturday and saw his goals-against average balloon to 3.48, Marty Turco is dinged again and John Grahame is fighting for ice time in Tampa. Ryan Miller, anyone?

What in the world does Turco being dinged up have to do with the price of tea in China? He is Canadian, not American. Esche is the dinged up US goalie.

I am a diehard Sabres fan, but Ovechkin is my new favorite player. Watching him is an incredible experience. He hits, he scores, he plays hard all the time. There's nothing not to like about him. The most exciting player I've ever seen; just incredible. He leaves me shaking my head almost every time I see him play.

He's the only reason to watch a Capitals game here in DC.

Go Sabres!

I am a diehard Sabres fan, but Ovechkin is my new favorite player. Watching him is an incredible experience. He hits, he scores, he plays hard all the time. There's nothing not to like about him. The most exciting player I've ever seen; just incredible. He leaves me shaking my head almost every time I see him play.

He's the only reason to watch a Capitals game here in DC.

Go Sabres!

agreed, but he's not my new favorite player, but he is great i think he's definatly better then Crosby... regardless there both fun to watch... Ovechkin has an experience advantage... i think he'll be the best all around player you can find in a few years.

agreed, but he's not my new favorite player, but he is great i think he's definatly better then Crosby... regardless there both fun to watch... Ovechkin has an experience advantage... i think he'll be the best all around player you can find in a few years.

I think it's great that there is so much talent in the rookie class in general this year. It will be interesting to see how Crosby and Ovechkin match up after they both have a few more years to develop.

25. New York Islanders (20-23-2; Previous: 24) ? Team USA goalie update: Rick DiPietro was pulled for the third time this season Saturday and saw his goals-against average balloon to 3.48, Marty Turco is dinged again and John Grahame is fighting for ice time in Tampa. Ryan Miller, anyone?

nice quote. loving that! they'll regret it!

Archived