NHL on NBC?

topshelfcookies

i only watched about 10 minutes of the game... The production was good and the announcers (don't know who they were, the tv was background noise) didn't piss me off, which is a plus. Hopefully the sabres will get on there, but i have a feeling it will be a big market only production.

i only watched about 10 minutes of the game... The production was good and the announcers (don't know who they were, the tv was background noise) didn't piss me off, which is a plus. Hopefully the sabres will get on there, but i have a feeling it will be a big market only production.

I saw the schedule. You can get it from NHL.com by clicking on the NHL on NBC logo.

NHL on NBC

That exciting Blues team is on there twice...Can't wait to see THAT talent in action. BTW, the "shift tracker" NBC used was even dumber as the blue/red puck. I have to say, I'm not really worried about whether Jagr is on the ice for 1:10, or just :50.

I didn't like the Monday Night Football atmosphere in the third period of the NYR-Detroit game. Stick to describing the action and save the side conversations for breaks in play. But I did like the commentary during the Dallas-Boston shootout.

That exciting Blues team is on there twice...Can't wait to see THAT talent in action. BTW, the "shift tracker" NBC used was even dumber as the blue/red puck. I have to say, I'm not really worried about whether Jagr is on the ice for 1:10, or just :50.

St Francis graduate Lee Stempniak on network tv twice this year? I'll take it.

St Francis graduate Lee Stempniak on network tv twice this year? I'll take it.

I played with Lee at St. Francis. It was my senior year and he was a sophomore. He was a good young player but I would have never thought he'd be someone to go all the way to the pros. Good for him though, he's a really good person from a good family.

St. Francis is pumping out pros left and right. It's about time!

I played with Lee at St. Francis. It was my senior year and he was a sophomore. He was a good young player but I would have never thought he'd be someone to go all the way to the pros. Good for him though, he's a really good person from a good family.

St. Francis is pumping out pros left and right. It's about time!

I was in between the two of you, graduated in 2000. The thing about Lee was that the kid was pretty damn smart too. How many people are valedictorian of their class and then go on to be a professional athlete?

PA, the last NFL "player" I can think of was Jim Kubiak, but he barely even caught on as a 3rd string QB a couple times, if that.

PTS -- who else? Didn't St. Francis produce an NFL player too?

Right now Aaron Miller is the only other Franies boy in the league. A few seasons ago it was Todd Krygier.

Pat Kaleta (Sabres draft pick this season) is the only other one I can think of but there should be a bunch over the next decade since St. Francis made the successful jump into Prep leagues.

Buffalo was always home to great hockey players, but for the most part none of them made it all the way. However, Buffalo is slowing churning out pros which is great to see.

I was in between the two of you, graduated in 2000. The thing about Lee was that the kid was pretty damn smart too. How many people are valedictorian of their class and then go on to be a professional athlete?

PA, the last NFL "player" I can think of was Jim Kubiak, but he barely even caught on as a 3rd string QB a couple times, if that.

That's usually the first thing that pop out about Lee. He was incredibly smart and very soft spoken.

As for NFLers, I believe Mamula went to St. Francis as well. There are a couple grads that are currently playing for big name college programs as well.

That's usually the first thing that pop out about Lee. He was incredibly smart and very soft spoken.

The kid was in my english class for two years and I was a year ahead of them. Sure, that happened with math classes, but I've never seen anyone else that at that school who was ahead one year in English.

I was in between the two of you, graduated in 2000.  The thing about Lee was that the kid was pretty damn smart too.  How many people are valedictorian of their class and then go on to be a professional athlete?

I don't know how many, but I know of one other local kid that did that. Moose Johnston of Syracuse (and later the evil place) was co-valedictorian of Lewiston-Porter back in '84.

Archived