Gotta Love Drury!!

CallawaySabres

Was to be placed in the Sabres Dressing room. Drury went to Regier and let management know that there was no picture of the Stanley Cup in the Dressing room. Love the fact that he has turned into the leader that everyone expected. Apparently getting to the first round of the playoffs does not settle well with him. They now have two huge picture s of the Cup in the dressing room!! Nice work C

Maybe there shouldn't be one in there until they win one? Buffalo has enough sports karma curses against it, without inviting another one. :) I like the thought, I just have a funny feeling about it.

I disagree. As Drury said, they need to look at that magnificent trophy every time they go on the ice and realize there is only one goal each and every season.

I disagree. As Drury said, they need to look at that magnificent trophy every time they go on the ice and realize there is only one goal each and every season.

You need a photo to be reminded of that? If you do, why not do it before the season? It just seems like fair-weather captaining to do it at midseason with 50-some points. Again, I don't mind it really. It just seems like an odd thing to do. Then again, I don't like this team much these days. It's like the Sabres are reading their press clippings, and it's showing up on the ice of late.

You need a photo to be reminded of that? If you do, why not do it before the season? It just seems like fair-weather captaining to do it at midseason with 50-some points. Again, I don't mind it really. It just seems like an odd thing to do. Then again, I don't like this team much these days. It's like the Sabres are reading their press clippings, and it's showing up on the ice of late.

considering all of the injuries it has been more like the Amerks then the Sabres lately, hasn't it?

I don't understand how injuries can be used as an excuse for this mini-slump when they overcame the injuries before. Makes no sense. Like I said, there's no place for this team to hide. No excuses.

maybe not... but with as many injuries as we have had we kept it close with pheonix and took them to a shoot out... we just couldn't finish in overtime... its lack of finishing talent that is currently injured... no team can win consistantly through the whole season... or very few anyway... even ottawa with all of its injuries is slumping... detroit had a mini slump when they lost legace... i know we can't afford it because this team is very fragile... but close losses and pulling out at least a single point with as many injuries as we have is not to bad at all. yes we need to be better... can we right now with the depleted roster... probably not that much.

It's very possible that the winning got to a few guy's heads. Drury's just letting them know that the team has accomplished nothing yet. I have no problem with this.

i think the idea behind posting pictures of the cup is to keep guys FOCUSED. will it work? we'l see. but it is a good idea, particularly because drury has been there. it's great that he did that.

as far as the injuries are concerned...most teams can hang in there for awhile, but sooner or later int catches up to you....i think we are seeing that now. i know i do a lot of crying about briere, but i knew his absence would really take a toll eventually, and i think that is what we're seeing now.

in the meantime, this is starting to look like a team that could really USE a road trip, so they can start to feel like underdogs again. that will get them playing better, i believe.

Maybe there shouldn't be one in there until they win one? Buffalo has enough sports karma curses against it, without inviting another one. :) I like the thought, I just have a funny feeling about it.

Well, Peca refusing to hold the trophy for winning the Eastern Conference because he only wanted to hold the Stanley Cup... that worked out pretty well karma-wise didn't it? Same thing with Marv not wanting to be photographed with the Lombardi Trophy.

Good for Chris. That's what he plays for and that's what everyone on the team should play for.

Fair-weather captaining? Give me a break. He as much as anyone (because he's been there, on both sides) knows that 57 points in January mean squat unless you carry it through May and June.

Well, if the Sabres had 37 points, would he still have had the idea? Bottom line, the Sabres shouldn't be worried about the Cup right now, just winning a couple of games. Hanging the photos at the beginning of the playoffs would have made a lot more sense. I wonder how many non-Cup winning teams have photos of it hanging in their rooms?

Archived