GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Blues PP. Numinnen gets called for Interference

Full strength goal... DAMN

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: Blues: :death: :death:

Wow.. That was some crazy Buffalo pressure. How did they not score on that sequence???

Wow.. That was some crazy Buffalo pressure. How did they not score on that sequence???

its stuff like that, listened on the radio, that shows the absolute brilliance of RJ. i'm staring at my sister in law frosting cupcakes, yet i actaully saw that sequence because of rick

Hmmm... I guess the glass is half full view is that Boston beat montreal for us, so we picked up a point.

Buffalo loses in OT on a nice two-man rush by the Blues. Beat Biron on a cross.

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: Blues: :death: :death: :death:

Wow. Zero offense in overtime. Bad backward pass by Max... why pass back to Lydman? Who is more likely to score? Max or Lydman? Lydman was just setting up at the point to keep the puck in the zone, not to make an offensive move, and Max should have known Lydman's tendency would not be to make an offensive move.

Seemed like an off night for Drury and Briere, Max managed to cause some excitement, drew a penalty, but nothing else.

Bad night all around except for the 2nd period. We even looked slow during most of the 3rd.

Didn't see the game at all, but just saw the result. :angry: Piss poor.

I hate how this team tends to play down to their opponents' level. Should we just assume this is a typical mid-season slump (Nashville game exception), and that we'll kick it up a few notches for the late season playoff push? Or is the rest of the league starting to figure out how to stop us? Not trying to get all apocalyptic on everyone...just curious on your thoughts...

Kelso - First off, nice screen name.

I think that some teams have figured us out... Montreal is one of them. For awhile there it seemed like every night we were just getting mugged at the blue line and that was that. Tennessee tried to skate with us instead of gumming up the works, and they paid for it.

Tonight, though, I think we ran into both. In the 1st the Blues had an effective forecheck, but in the 2nd and 3rd the game opened up a lot. In the 2nd we did a good job of it and scored two goals. In the third we seemed to be playing slow and not really generating quality scoring chances. Overtime the was worst though. There was no offense and they came out flat. After Hecht's kick-in goal was disallowed it seemed like the Sabres were flat and the Blues came out gunning. It got worse when they tied it up. They were clearly juiced, their fans really got back behind them, and the Sabres didn't have a response.

Sabres impressed with their own talents too much again tonite---must have got an inflated opinion of themselves after the game in Nashville....

This team has got to stop thinking they can just show up and win the game and actually play hard every night...

Maybe they play like this so teams take them lightly and then WHAM-O... The Sabres strike!

??

;) ;)

Oh well, +1 point... A good Christmas because a sure Sabre win would mean the Bills are doomed tommorrow... The Sabres lose in OT... Sets up a Bills win... Best of both worlds!! ;)

Even the high-flyin' Ducks were blanked 2-0 against a poor PHX team that IS NO BETTER THAN THE BLUES... I still place the Sabres even (maybe down a point/half game) with 3 games in hand v. the Ducks... Still both (Ducks and Sabres) the cream of the league!

And really Hecht goal thingy would have made the diff! Eff the ref (Toronto review)...

Tallinder @ -3 :cry: ... Ouch! But, what can you expect after 2 months off with a major injury?

Honorable mention and Happy Holidays as I like to thank BOS and WASH for beating the Habs and Leafs too! Ya... It is the Bruins... Sabres enemy is a friend today! :D

Now GO BILLS and Fins ( :sick: :sick: ) AaaHem, sorry... Jets lose... and Happy Holidays to all!

Sabres impressed with their own talents too much again tonite---must have got an inflated opinion of themselves after the game in Nashville....

This team has got to stop thinking they can just show up and win the game and actually play hard every night...

They will continue to think it, as evidenced by so many recent efforts, until Lindy does whatever is necessary to cause them to rethink it. He certainly got Vanek's attention last season.

Look at it this way... I don't blame the Sabres for this one... They got a point...

Here is why... It is just before Christmas and teams on the road want to get home!

Every home team won today except 3... MIN (home) beat DET in OT (3-2)...

The home losers were:

Philly... Because they flat out SUCK... Got blown out.

Toronto... Need I say more? :beer:

And Florida... Lost to Wash in OT... Do they celebrate Christmas in South FLA?

And the only game left... Home team and VERY GOOD San Jose is beating a GOOD Calgary team...

So everybody cut them some slack!

As "slumps" go... This seems to be a very small... Yet... I understand that this little "nick" the Sabres have could fester into something large!

Just relax and enjoy the ride... Without wondering when the other shoe will drop...

Till it Shines Boyzzzz!

:D

They will continue to think it, as evidenced by so many recent efforts, until Lindy does whatever is necessary to cause them to rethink it. He certainly got Vanek's attention last season.

Ya... Sorta agree... Lindy's gotta be careful too, don't want a mutiny... These guys work...

You see Peters in on the bench and NOT SCRATCHED...

<_<

did the refs get the call correct, for us audio-only peeps?

They got it right. I don't think the call was as close as others here suggest. He clearly kicked. And you could tell by his face and body language during the delay that he knew it. A real turning point. St. Louis came out firing after that on the very next shift.

11 out of 14 games today were taken by the HOME team today.

BFLO and DET were lucky to come out with a point on the road...

Ducks got blanked (0-2, two very late goals) by a weak team and Calgary went down hard (1-4)...

Given the Christmas break... There is no surprise that the road team "ran for the bus"...

Sure I would have liked BFLO to get 2 points... Ya, they could have played better. I will ease up on this game...