Roenick Spews Again...

Eleven

Q: Jeremy, why did you stink this year through 32 games? Was it because you've been out of the game for a year, will turn 36 later this week, and can't skate to save your life anymore?

A: No, I can't skate because I can't find one guy in the entire city of LA that can sharpen skates properly.

I kid you not. This is a guy making over $4.9MM / year. Are you seriously telling me that neither he nor the Kings could / would find someone who could sharpen his skates to his liking? What a pathetic joke this guy has become.

Q: Why did you struggle so much at the start of this season?

A: I struggled 'cause I couldn't get my skates sharpened the way I like. I wasn't confident in my footing. I wasn't confident in my feet. When you feel like you're going to fall down and you're off balance, you're going to struggle.

Q: So, it was an equipment issue?

A: Yeah it was. When you can't skate the way you like, it leads to a bad back, bad groin, bad hamstrings, bad hips. It's been a battle from the beginning. I have a different skating radius than most guys, so when I change teams, it's tough for the trainers to find the right lie and the right cut that I need to use with my skates, so it's tough.

Q: Jeremy, why did you stink this year through 32 games? Was it because you've been out of the game for a year, will turn 36 later this week, and can't skate to save your life anymore?

A: No, I can't skate because I can't find one guy in the entire city of LA that can sharpen skates properly.

I kid you not. This is a guy making over $4.9MM / year. Are you seriously telling me that neither he nor the Kings could / would find someone who could sharpen his skates to his liking? What a pathetic joke this guy has become.

That was my favorite part, too. Roenick has no sense of personal responsibility whatsoever. Trashed hotel room in Nagano? The other guys must have done it. Comments about NHL fans? Taken out of context. Suckage in LA? Can't find a skate sharpener because his"skating radius" is different.

That was my favorite part, too. Roenick has no sense of personal responsibility whatsoever. Trashed hotel room in Nagano? The other guys must have done it. Comments about NHL fans? Taken out of context. Suckage in LA? Can't find a skate sharpener because his"skating radius" is different.

definatly one of the most BS excuses ever.... like really he's reaching now... really really reaching...

Archived