GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Just rolled back the DVR, and IMO, that was as bad, if not worse, than the Bertuzzi thing. It was a chicken-#%^$#!, coward move by 4th-line nobody who couldn't stick with his hometown team.

Who did Nichol hit? I'm not able to watch it.

Spacek rode Nichol into the net on a 2-on-2 rush, and after Nichol got up he sucker punched Spacek essentially from behind.

I just checked out the official score sheet on NHL.com. Nichol received 27 minutes in penalties for that hit -- including the Instigator. Not only can he be suspended, but his coach can be fined for that hit as well.

See, Bettman does have a "few" good points when it comes to rules.

"I hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out! You selfish son of a bitch! You leave me in the trenches taking grenades, John!"

Wolf, where did you get this quote? I'm assuming it's from a movie.

Sorry, Crosschecking, got all fired up about the Nichol thing. Yeah, it's from Wedding Crashers - I assume you've seen it?

I hate to speculate...but Spacek looked hurt (Jaw?) and did Teppo ever return after getting hit with the puck? Great win...but at what cost.

Ah what's a couple D-men to this team. :angry: Longevity for sabres D-men is measured in weeks. Brian Campbell is officially up for the Iron Man award for the 2006-2007. He's lasted 35 games..

just for kicks, i listened in on the preds broadcast. top notch stuff. lots of good things to say about the road-team.

glad to see the 2 for 8 on the PP.

the call-ins after the show are hilarious with the accents. but the on-air guys answering are doing exactly what they should be...educating folks on gameplay.

That's more like it, eh? I thought the boys would come out in a foul mood and F up some Preds. You'll see this from the Sabres all year I think. If they have an off couple of games, they'll come out smoking and show everyone that they're not going anywhere. Have faith fellow Fans of the Sword. This is going to be a long and enjoyable season.

Great point by Rayzor on the post-game - if the league had enforced Bertuzzi's suspension when the league came back from the lockout, it might have prevented things like this from happening again.

glad to see the 2 for 8 on the PP.

Yeah, even if they were basically meaningless goals, it was still good to see them get some scoring chances...

I thought Max had 2 sure goals on one of the earlier PP's, and he missed a wide open net once and then rang it off the post the second time off a great feed by Drury...

That "wide open net" was from a pretty severe angle and was in a terrible shooting position for him; he did well to even get a shot off. The post, well, you know, sometimes that happens. This is all happening incredibly fast. I didn't see the stars, but I thought Max was way up there even before he scored his first. He created a lot of offensive pressure and also made some incredibly timely plays on the backcheck. It's the little things he does when he doesn't have the puck that makes him a great player (better than, say, Samsonov, who has a similar style with the puck but doesn't do as well without it).

The CI broadcast was the Nashville feed. The Nashville crew commented that Max is really good in the O-zone without the puck in that he disappears until the time is right to shoot the puck, comparing him favorably to Brett Hull for having the same ability.

Kotalik is reborn!

and great to see Jason lighting it up again. 15 goals in 34 games -- he will probably get 30+ this year -- pretty sweet for a 24-year-old that cleared waivers last year and signed for $800K or so.

and Tallinder returns next week.

I guarantee that we spank Ottawa next time we play them.

I knew Kotalik would start scoring again. Never a doubt in my mind. He has a great shot and is a pretty good defensive and physical forward. Everyone talks about him as tradebait, but after losing Grier and DuMont, you would think they'd want to hang onto him.