Milt Ellis Jukebox

PASabreFan

Thanks so much for that link. I got goosebumps when I heard "Let's Go Buffalo", and tenor Joe Byron singing the national anthem. Ah, the good ol' days!

my sentiments exactly!

I remember first hearing Milt during a Bisons game while sitting in the Aud gray seats with my Dad.

Milt was simply the best...

When i think of the Aud, i think of Milt's voice rubbling through to the rafters...

His delivery was so professional, unlike most pa annoucers today, who try to whip the crowd up...

I found this site awhile ago and emailed the guy but never followed up on buying anything...maybe i will now...

I'm a sucker for this stuff...

Thanks for posting this.

Good line, Don. So who else has been doing a Milt Ellis impression today? I have a chest cold, so it's a little easier than usual. According to that site, Milt did two seasons at MMA, then retired.

Oh yeah, I am just kidding with PTS. I don't want anyone to take what I wrote seriously! I would never challenge him to a fight, as I am certain he would kill me.

• 2 weeks later...

The Milt Ellis Jukebox is the best thing I've ever seen on the internet. I'm just thankful that there is more than one freak on this planet to share in my ridiculous Sabres/Aud obsession.

"Buffalo goal... his 50th of the season....scored by number 89 Alexander Mogilny. Assisted by number 16 Pat LaFontaine and number 8 Doug Bodger. Mogilny from LaFontaine and Bodger. A power play goal at 16:09."

Speaking of announcers. I hate the new guy at HSBC Arena. Theres no need to yell about goals and power plays. Who are we? Nashville or Atlanta?

Agreed fushetti. After Milt, there was a younger guy (obviously) who was in the same vein as Milt. I liked him. He did have a bit more personality in his voice, but he still was quite matter of fact. Good voice too. What happened to him? And who is this schmuck we have now?

The guy after Milt... his name was Mark Rachele (sp) pronounced "Ra Shelly". He did Blizzard games in the Aud and HSBC and then moved over to the Sabres when Uncle Miltie retired in 1997. He was the PA announcer at HSBC the year before the lockout. Who knows? Maybe Golisano has him sleeping with the fishes.

The new guy, no idea. Don't like his style. Next thing ya know we're gonna hear "AND THE SABRES ARE ON THE PAUL WILLIAM BELTZ PC POWER PLAY!"

The guy after Milt... his name was Mark Rachele (sp) pronounced "Ra Shelly". He did Blizzard games in the Aud and HSBC and then moved over to the Sabres when Uncle Miltie retired in 1997. He was the PA announcer at HSBC the year before the lockout. Who knows? Maybe Golisano has him sleeping with the fishes.

The new guy, no idea. Don't like his style. Next thing ya know we're gonna hear "AND THE SABRES ARE ON THE PAUL WILLIAM BELTZ PC POWER PLAY!"

The current PA announcer at times sounds like the guy who does the Bandits PA. Is it the same guy?

The current PA announcer at times sounds like the guy who does the Bandits PA. Is it the same guy?

Actually, that guy (Bandits PA) has done some games this year in the stead of the normal PA guy. He used to do the secondary announcements in prior years.

Archived