GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

last home game before christmas. I've pretty much resigned myself that the sabres will never be able to "turn it on" at will. they're going to have to build themselves up to their mid october-mid november level. It will take a couple of games without a setback. I see the habs game tomorrow as a good stepping stone. It's time to turn up the heat, play a gritty game, knock some heads, and kick butt. Worry about that finnesse crap at some other time. The sabres have played the habs well this season and i see no reason why they won't play them hard tomorrow. I'll predict 3-2 buffalo.

Do we see Marty against the Habs? Ryan has started 13(?) straight, including the disaster against the Caps, and Marty has had some success against Montreal in the past. Is it time for a night off for Miller, or do we try to push him one more then let Marty play against Nashville?

When you get to such a big game, I don't like the message that playing your backup gives. Marty on Saturday makes more sense.

I want to see intensity tonight! Not "we'll skate up and down with the Habs and leave pretty drop passes to go the other way." The only thing I want to see dropped is Saku Koivu. And let's forget "five minutes of fury" at the beginning, then nappy time. I want to see 60 minutes of balls to the wall!

This is another one of those games where the Sabres should have the same mindset as the opponent. It hasn't happened much. As long as the Sabres continue show up in these games, I won't let my worries get too far ahead of me.

I think the Sabres make a statement tonight. 5-2 Sabres.

I'm with PA. I expect the Sabres to get right back up in the 4.6 GPG area. Miller may have started 13 (I think?) consecutive games, but Montreal is only seven points behind Buffalo in the standings. And the way Huet's been playing lately against the Sabres, we can't have any of Marty's soft ones trickling over the goal line.

I'm not disagreeing - in any big game, I always want to see no.30 in there and no.43 right where he belongs - at the end of the bench. I only raised the thought of Marty starting since Ryan has had so many games in a row, and Marty has historically played well against the Habs - career record is 12-5-0, with a 1.93 GAA and .931 SV PCT against Montreal...

As for the game, I see a 3-1 Buffalo win, where they skate with Montreal most of the night instead of making the Habs try to keep up with them...

I'm not disagreeing - in any big game, I always want to see no.30 in there and no.43 right where he belongs - at the end of the bench. I only raised the thought of Marty starting since Ryan has had so many games in a row, and Marty has historically played well against the Habs - career record is 12-5-0, with a 1.93 GAA and .931 SV PCT against Montreal...

As for the game, I see a 3-1 Buffalo win, where they skate with Montreal most of the night instead of making the Habs try to keep up with them...

I agree that Miller probably needs a break, although the December schedule isn't overly taxing. I was thinking the game against Florida would've been a good game for Marty to start, but obviously Lindy thought otherwise. Marty was angry earlier in the season for not playing much, so I'm wondering how he's feeling now...

macarthur called up... will he play in place of peters, who desperately needs to be benched in favor of offense, does he play in place of a sick forward, was he called up for depth, or is there a trade on the near horizon? speculation heading into the pregame skate... someone with a blackberry or treo, let us know!

Slightly off topic, but now that we're talking about Miller and Biron... I went to Roch to watch the Amerks play last Friday, and Adam Dennis was in net. After watching him play, it only strengthens my thoughts on keeping Biron through the whole seaon. He let in 6 weak goals, and 2 he had little chance on. It was embarassing.

Good to see PAFan fired up for the game. Yeah baby. Here we come.

DeLuca, pay attention: it's Briere time. He gets 1 and sets up 2 more. Gaustad gets a dirty, hardworking goal and the new DAG line shows signs of life. Spacek blasts one in on the PP. Miller is awesome again.

Sabres, 4-2.

I agree that Miller probably needs a break, although the December schedule isn't overly taxing. I was thinking the game against Florida would've been a good game for Marty to start, but obviously Lindy thought otherwise. Marty was angry earlier in the season for not playing much, so I'm wondering how he's feeling now...

If he's angry about not playing more, he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. He's done nothing in his last 6-7 starts to warrant more ice time in any way.

If he's angry about not playing more, he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. He's done nothing in his last 6-7 starts to warrant more ice time in any way.

Absolutely agreed. I remember right as Miller was out for a few games one of the analysts said something about him getting restless.

Anyway, one other point: I can't wait to see MacArthur in action (and Peters not). I've never seen the kid before and hope he's as good and crafty as his AHL stats would suggest. Here's hoping Lindy puts him on a line with Drury and Gaustad. Maybe Kotalik can use his body and be somewhat useful (if he's not going to score) on the fourth line with Novotny and Mair? Just a thought.

Absolutely agreed. I remember right as Miller was out for a few games one of the analysts said something about him getting restless.

Anyway, one other point: I can't wait to see MacArthur in action (and Peters not). I've never seen the kid before and hope he's as good and crafty as his AHL stats would suggest. Here's hoping Lindy puts him on a line with Drury and Gaustad. Maybe Kotalik can use his body and be somewhat useful (if he's not going to score) on the fourth line with Novotny and Mair? Just a thought.

The words "Kotalik" and "fourth line" in the same sentence sound nice.

Almost as nice as "Kotalik" and "healthy scratch" :D

That goal was basically the exact play I have been hoping to see the Sabres use on the power play - finding a way to get Big Al and Pommer some open looks from high in the slot. Great shot, now let's see if he builds on it since the 800-lb gorilla is off his back....

do you guys get on here and chat during every game?

not bashing you, just curious, bc when i watch the games the last thing i want is distraction, like having to type.... id rather sit, relax, and have some cold ones

im at work right now, and live in NC, and wanna get the nhl package on directv once the proce drops, anyone know when that is? and how much?

do you guys get on here and chat during every game?

not bashing you, just curious, bc when i watch the games the last thing i want is distraction, like having to type.... id rather sit, relax, and have some cold ones

im at work right now, and live in NC, and wanna get the nhl package on directv once the proce drops, anyone know when that is? and how much?

Makes for a great thing to do during breaks/commercials :P

Its in the spring, more toward the half-way point. February I think.