GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I've noticed that over the past 3 weeks the Sabres have not been crisp in their passing. They've been losing pucks in their skates and fanning on shots. I wonder if they need stick handling work. It would definitely improve their ability to close the deal. They've made a couple correct decisions to pass the puck but didn't pass it correctly. They've been either too weak on a pass and it dies before it gets to the intended target or they've been too hard and skipping past the intended receiver. They need to get back to fundamentals! Okay I'm done ranting. Go back to your previously scheduled activities.

Eric

3-1 loss... best thing to happen tonight was the massive amounts of boos. merry f-ing christmas sabres. time to remind yourself that you have to play an entire game in both ends of the ice. The sky is NOT falling, but this is a team that must rediscover itself. perhaps t hey can put together a defensive masterpiece against the habs on tuesday. till then its 3 days of PP practice.

3-1 loss... best thing to happen tonight was the massive amounts of boos. merry f-ing christmas sabres. time to remind yourself that you have to play an entire game in both ends of the ice. The sky is NOT falling, but this is a team that must rediscover itself. perhaps t hey can put together a defensive masterpiece against the habs on tuesday. till then its 3 days of PP practice.

Whats scary is that the team will STILL win 7 out of 10 games playing this way...

I've noticed that over the past 3 weeks the Sabres have not been crisp in their passing. They've been losing pucks in their skates and fanning on shots. I wonder if they need stick handling work. It would definitely improve their ability to close the deal. They've made a couple correct decisions to pass the puck but didn't pass it correctly. They've been either too weak on a pass and it dies before it gets to the intended target or they've been too hard and skipping past the intended receiver. They need to get back to fundamentals! Okay I'm done ranting. Go back to your previously scheduled activities.

Eric

Lazy. That has been the team's downfall - lately, there seem to be more and more nights where they are waiting to throw the switch and turn it on. Hopefully at some point the light will come on and they'll understand that they can't wait until the last few minutes of the third, kick it up a notch and skate out with the W.

we've got a heavy dose of reality tonight... the sens have officially figured us out, plus we look tired.. our PP sucks. kalinin looks foolish, numminen looks old. This is a team that needs to f ind itself again.

Might be the understatement of the night. Tough to single guys out when most of the team looked like crap - there were a lot of guys who seemed to be a step behind all night long, lots of pucks bouncing over sticks, bad passes, etc. It looked like a tired, lazy team tonight who either couldn't or didn't want to put the work in for the W.

And seriously, I know its been beaten to death here, but can we PLEASE stop wasting a lineup spot on Peters? Come on, 4 shifts? WTF good does that do anyone? Not that having Paille in there would have made much of a difference, but I am getting completely fed up with them wasting a lineup spot on someone who is going to play less than 5 minutes.

I agree about Peters, Mair has been playing very hard, creating chances, and only plays 5 or 6 minutes a game. If Kotalik is not gonna produce, why not put Mair in Kotalik's spot and let Kotalik sit out. Then bench Peters, and bring up Stafford and Paille. You could then rotate Gaustad, Mair, Stafford, Paille, and Novotny on the wings with Drury at center.

Where is MartinHavletismygod?

Working waaaaaay too much. Only been able to see 5 or 6 Sens games so far this season, the rest we try to throw on the radio in the kitchen, but doesnt usually work out too well. Can i get my screen name changed btw? Hopefully next sens/sabres game i will actually be able to watch and come over to give you my take on it...

Working waaaaaay too much. Only been able to see 5 or 6 Sens games so far this season, the rest we try to throw on the radio in the kitchen, but doesnt usually work out too well. Can i get my screen name changed btw? Hopefully next sens/sabres game i will actually be able to watch and come over to give you my take on it...

You livin' in Chicago Marty? Maybe we can "do" the town and take in a game on Jan. 10th?

:D

Chicago is a very remarkable town... You wanna hang with "clean cut" guys like myself... Guys like Tank Johnson in that... A..Hmmm... "Other" sport ins't the way to go! :thumbdown:

Just funnin' ya Marty! Since your return and Denis Savard's dumping of Trent and move behind the bench... The Sabres v. 'Hawks game should be a tough one!

:nana: :nana: