GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

the sabres will play the sens tonight and it should be a little more wide open than the florida/new jersey games. The sabres were able to dominate NJ and squeek out a win vs. the panthers, but this is a totally different style game. Hopefully the sabres have the advantage. If i remember correctly, the last time these teams played, ottawa owned us. i predict a sabres spanking. 5-2 buffalo.

I don't think The Sens have any illusions that they're going to challenge for the #1 seed, at this point I think they'll settle for a playoff spot.

What is the deal with the Sens. They seem to have all the talent in the world. Is it that they don't have a Chris Drury? Is it a lack of faith in the goaltending? Coaching?

Where is MartinHavletismygod?

What is the deal with the Sens. They seem to have all the talent in the world. Is it that they don't have a Chris Drury? Is it a lack of faith in the goaltending? Coaching?

Where is MartinHavletismygod?

I dunno, I think it might be case of a very good team being a bit disheartened by losing good players, well knowing they never even came close to winning anything WITH said players?

Also, I don't think The Sens have been in a real slump (except for the playoffs) for years, maybe this team just haven't had the chance to learn what it takes to snap out of it again?

At any rate, they must be kicking themselves for signing Gerber, if there ever was a bust on this team, it's him. Hope he plays tonight :D

Last year, we had two 5-, and separate runs of 6-, 7-, and 8-game winning streaks. This year, we only have a single streak over four games. With the way Miller's been playing (1.78GAA since the Caps), I think we're going to have a decent streak here, and it continues with win #4 tonight.

This doesn't come as a surprise to anyone on this board, or at least shouldn't; teams are adjusting to the Sabres style. Scoring is off. Is it the opposition D strategy or is it the PPPP (positively pathetic power play)?

How much? Consider these stats from the Buffalo News today:

Avg. goals last nine games: 2.8

Avg. goals first 22 games: 4.6

Avg. shots last nine: 25.1

Avg. shots first 22: 30.1

Avg. goals allowed last nine: 2.6

Avg. goals allowed first 22: 3.1

The question, does Ottawa have the patience to play "stuff the blue line"?

Stole this from the OTTAWA GDT..

Just love the concept of trolling...

Some interesting stats in here. It is Emery tonight regardless of what this says.

How the heck is Mair leading in PIM????? Doesn't seem like he plays that much...

post-505-1166290234_thumbjpg

If this is the worst slump the Sabres get in, then they're doing just fine. They are still winning even though the last 10 games or so they have been badly outplayed a lot of the time. What happened? Are the other teams figuring out how to stop them, or are the Sabres unable to raise their game mentally each night.

Ryan Miller is becoming the big story. He comes to play every night. He's stealing games right now.

If the Sabres play like they have been recently, Sens win 4-1 with empty-netter.

Here's hoping they start to get it together again. It would be nice to see a take-charge effort and a 7-1 game for Buffalo.

Do we need Scott Arniel back?

If this is the worst slump the Sabres get in, then they're doing just fine. They are still winning even though the last 10 games or so they have been badly outplayed a lot of the time. What happened? Are the other teams figuring out how to stop them, or are the Sabres unable to raise their game mentally each night.

Ryan Miller is becoming the big story. He comes to play every night. He's stealing games right now.

If the Sabres play like they have been recently, Sens win 4-1 with empty-netter.

Here's hoping they start to get it together again. It would be nice to see a take-charge effort and a 7-1 game for Buffalo.

Do we need Scott Arniel back?

I don't think it is missing Scott Arniel so much as the amount of time people have been scouting and preparing for Buffalo. The whole league is trading notes on Buffalo - slowing them down - trapping - standing them up at the blueline - and pressing the point on the PP.

The other trend I am waiting to see is if there is going to be a nightly cheap shot on Briere.