Andrey-chucked

bottlecap

"The Tampa Bay Lightning placed Dave Andreychuk on waivers today at 12 p.m. In order to comply with the new collective bargaining agreement, Andreychuk, should he clear waivers, will be assigned to the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League, although the organization will not require him to report. This allows the Lightning to continue pay Andreychuk his 2005 -06 salary. He is also contracted to Tampa Bay for 2006-07."

http://www.tampabaylightning.com/tbl/prdet...sreleaseID=1236

My guess is that he will "retire" after this season saving the team 1/3-2/3 of his next season's salary. Net it would be close to a wash (or TB comes out slightly ahead vs. cutting him) and both sides manage to look "good". Andreychuk "retires" "on his own terms" or something to that effect and TB saves some money and frees up a roster space for someone that can skate without "cutting" the team captain.

on tsn bob mckenzie has an article about veterans and multi year deals. interesting.

oh well he should just retire now to be honest, coming back was a mistake. his not got the speed.

Did he ever have speed? It has been a generation ago, but I don't remember him blazing up and down the ice...

Did he ever have speed?  It has been a generation ago, but I don't remember him blazing up and down the ice...

Don't know about his recreational habits, B-) but good ol' Andreyslug never could skate. Of course, that didn't keep Toronto from using him to kill penalties.

Seeing as how the Sabres didn't make the playoffs in '04, I was glad to see him win the Cup; but the game definitely appears to have passed him by.

That almost balanced out the evil of a Stanley Cup in Florida.... almost.

That was karma. Baseball cancels the WS so the silly trophy with all the pennants on it stays in Canada an extra year. The NHL cancels the season so the greatest trophy in team sports does its snowbird imitation and hangs out in Florida for an extra winter.

That was karma. Baseball cancels the WS so the silly trophy with all the pennants on it stays in Canada an extra year. The NHL cancels the season so the greatest trophy in team sports does its snowbird imitation and hangs out in Florida for an extra winter.

Does that mean that Tampa Bay will win it again this year so that the Cup spends 3 years in Florida?

Did he ever have speed? It has been a generation ago, but I don't remember him blazing up and down the ice...

sorry i meant he lost what little momentum he had in the first place. lol. ah well to be honest he should just retire, his had his fun, his tried himself. respect to him.

Archived