Is there a better fit in FA then Darren McCarty?

deluca67

A legit tough guy who plays a regular shift. The Sabres wouldn't have to dress an Andrew Peters type to play only 2 minutes a game. He works hard and does not avoid the physical game. If there is a better "Buffalo" type player out there? Name him?

I wouldn't consider the Sabres "loaded". There's a ton of dead weight in the forward ranks. Connoly, Pyatt, Mair, Peters, Boulton and Taylor can all be waived or sent to the ROC. McCarty would be able to protect the smallish forwards the Sabres have.

A legit tough guy who plays a regular shift. The Sabres wouldn't have to dress an Andrew Peters type to play only 2 minutes a game. He works hard and does not avoid the physical game. If there is a better "Buffalo" type player out there? Name him?

Under the new system, I'm not so sure McCarthy is as good as you think.

Under the new system, I'm not so sure McCarthy is as good as you think.

If the system includes a puck, skates and boards? He'll do just fine. He's a big body you can toss in front of the net on the PP. He's not the Road Runner but he can get up and down just fine.

He has a few Cup rings. It would be nice to get a few more players in the fold that have actually done something in the league. Not to mention, players like Roy, Briere and Vanek would have someone to watch their backs. With the more European style of hockey you're going to see stick work go on the rise. Other teams need to know a price will be paid if a cheap shot is taken.

Archived