Are we only .500?

Toddkaz

It's also appropriate to ask what moves are there that we could have made but didn't. I don't think Boston would have traded Joe Thornton to a division rival. What else has happenned? Peter Nedved? He would not have made the diff. vs. Vancouver & Calgary. We lost those games b/c we didn't play with desperation -- a skilled floater wouldn't have changed the result.

I'm all for making moves if we can really strengthen the team. Miller is my only untouchable. I also wouldn't trade Max, Vanek, Connolly, Kotalik, Briere or Drury for anyone age 32 or older. But I'd trade any prospect in our system or anyone else on our roster for a tough forward who can light the lamp.

Big game tonight. I've seen just about every sabres game this year and I think Jagr is the best player I've seen. I get extremely nervous whenever he gets the puck in the offensive zone. The boys better be prepared to go through a wall to win this game b/c we need a win.

Go Sabres.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes! By all means let make moves out of panic. Let's throw away the entire building plan and mortgage the future for a run this year. Let's be good this year and who cares about the future.

If everyone is going to panic everytime this team doesn't go 19-2-2 then you have a long road to go. The schedule is tough and this team is going win and lose some games.

There are allot of young players on this team that will get a crash course in PlayOff Runs. Evreything that happens, good or bad, goes a long way in giving the younger guys the expeirence needed to make this a very good team. I'm talking long term year in and year out. Not just a one season wonder.

Well put.

It's also appropriate to ask what moves are there that we could have made but didn't. I don't think Boston would have traded Joe Thornton to a division rival. What else has happenned? Peter Nedved? He would not have made the diff. vs. Vancouver & Calgary. We lost those games b/c we didn't play with desperation -- a skilled floater wouldn't have changed the result.

I'm all for making moves if we can really strengthen the team. Miller is my only untouchable. I also wouldn't trade Max, Vanek, Connolly, Kotalik, Briere or Drury for anyone age 32 or older. But I'd trade any prospect in our system or anyone else on our roster for a tough forward who can light the lamp.

Big game tonight. I've seen just about every sabres game this year and I think Jagr is the best player I've seen. I get extremely nervous whenever he gets the puck in the offensive zone. The boys better be prepared to go through a wall to win this game b/c we need a win.

Go Sabres.

Monster point on the trades. Great point.

I have yet to see a player traded this season where I thought "wow, he could have put the Sabres over the top" or "where were the Sabres in this deal."

Reading allot f the posts on this board I am begining to think that the Sabres early success may turn out to be a curse. I think many expectations have become unrealistic and the focus has been removed from the bigger picture. I should know. I refused to see the bigger picture earlier in the year.

The is a big game. Not as much in the standings as in I want to see how the young kids react to be taken to task by Drury. He has allot of respect in the locker room so his words should ring load. I didn't lke the choice of Drury as Captain. I didn't feel he earned it or my respect (which I am sure kept Chris up at night. :lol: ) But coming out and saying that is what a Captain does. He stepped away from the party line and became a leader in my eyes for the first time in a Sabre uniform.

Peace ;)

Monster point on the trades. Great point.

I have yet to see a player traded this season where I thought "wow, he could have put the Sabres over the top" or "where were the Sabres in this deal."

Reading allot f the posts on this board I am begining to think that the Sabres early success may turn out to be a curse. I think many expectations have become unrealistic and the focus has been removed from the bigger picture. I should know. I refused to see the bigger picture earlier in the year.

The is a big game. Not as much in the standings as in I want to see how the young kids react to be taken to task by Drury. He has allot of respect in the locker room so his words should ring load. I didn't lke the choice of Drury as Captain. I didn't feel he earned it or my respect (which I am sure kept Chris up at night. :lol: ) But coming out and saying that is what a Captain does. He stepped away from the party line and became a leader in my eyes for the first time in a Sabre uniform.

Peace ;)

agreed... i still haven't seen anyone really out there that was traded that could have made a huge impact on this team. everything has really been just to address emergency needs... i think regier is doing ok right now he just needs to move a goalie i would think... more healthy that way... but thank god he didn't do that earlier this season.

Yes! By all means let make moves out of panic. Let's throw away the entire building plan and mortgage the future for a run this year. Let's be good this year and who cares about the future.

If everyone is going to panic everytime this team doesn't go 19-2-2 then you have a long road to go. The schedule is tough and this team is going win and lose some games.

There are allot of young players on this team that will get a crash course in PlayOff Runs. Evreything that happens, good or bad, goes a long way in giving the younger guys the expeirence needed to make this a very good team. I'm talking long term year in and year out. Not just a one season wonder.

yeah becuase that is the only way to do it right? Is to panic. I guess you are a really smart guy becuase you would never think of trading a player like Cambell for another defenceman back just to say get you crap in gear. No, Teams never do that no never and it never works no never <_<

oh and by the way, teams of the future is a term Reiger has placed in your head that doesn't exist.

Do you not think it will be like the NFL sooner or later? What is free agency? age 27 or 28? Do you not think it will be 26 sooner or later, drafted at 18 most playing full season by 22 and free agency 4 years later

their is no team of the future, Ryan Miller will be making 3 or 4 million in 2 years, along with Mckee who is probably "too expensive" every player on this team is going to be do for pay raises. Buffalo's cap will never be more than 30 million.

What mortgage? DELUCA I am sorry you have such great knowledge but if we are here 3 years from now still posting we will see what the term "team of the future" is. Winning is now, and will always be now.

Archived