Are we only .500?

Toddkaz

So we are 2-2 in the past 4 games and i am a little nervous that a losing streak could be in the midst?

Darcy needs to fire up ther rumor mill and get these guys playing harder.

They have been less then inspiring to me as of late and am I the only one concerned with their play?

I want to know what is going on and why we haven't replaced Briere and Dumont?

Or do we wait for another injury then we are the desparite ones looking to get something for Biron? Do you think we are waiting to long?

what does anyone here for rumors???

We lose a few more and we lost or moment

lets go Darcy get some quality here now!

we are 4-3 in the last 7, just above, we should try to keep pos#4, but aim for ottawa!

it's too early to start blowing this team apart. i did not see the game vs the Devils and don't like the idea that they were outworked, but for those who dismiss the Devils as a middle-of-the-road team they seem to have found their stride. They shut out a solid Flyer team last night, Brodeur is playing well and Elias has returned - all that and we had 5 or 6 rooks in the lineup.

The Sabres have to get through this next month and then we are at the Olympic Break. Hopefully, by that team Danny and JP can return. If those guys were done for the year I might agree, but it is too early to start this stuff. I don't see Ottawa doing it and they are playing similar hockey right now.

it's too early to start blowing this team apart. i did not see the game vs the Devils and don't like the idea that they were outworked, but for those who dismiss the Devils as a middle-of-the-road team they seem to have found their stride. They shut out a solid Flyer team last night, Brodeur is playing well and Elias has returned - all that and we had 5 or 6 rooks in the lineup.

The Sabres have to get through this next month and then we are at the Olympic Break. Hopefully, by that team Danny and JP can return. If those guys were done for the year I might agree, but it is too early to start this stuff. I don't see Ottawa doing it and they are playing similar hockey right now.

I agree. We have struggled with Florida all season long. And the Devils are on a hot streak, and we had a large amount of our line-up out on Saturday. So I am not worried yet.

Also, the season is 82 games long, and it's going to be full of ups and downs. If we go .500 on our cold streak...we are in good shape.

if we had won vs njd i would have fainted. we were missing drury, breire, JP, lydman. some of our best players. that and6 rookies in a game and we lose it only 3-2 to a team on a 3 game winning streak? not too bad. lets rebound vs phoenix now!

there are many many injuries and we continue to battle through them... were actually doing quite well for how many of our core players are out... now adding gaustad... but drury is back tommorw night i think. i think well be ok... replacing briere and dumont is not smart... what do you do with there replacements once there healthy again... the only replacements are Amerks... And there doing pretty damn good right now.

there are many many injuries and we continue to battle through them... were actually doing quite well for how many of our core players are out... now adding gaustad... but drury is back tommorw night i think. i think well be ok... replacing briere and dumont is not smart... what do you do with there replacements once there healthy again... the only replacements are Amerks... And there doing pretty damn good right now.

Couldn't agree more. I think we're in great shape with forwards (unless we get a ridiculious offer). It's a defenseman or nothing.

Couldn't agree more. I think we're in great shape with forwards (unless we get a ridiculious offer). It's a defenseman or nothing.

We are not in good shape up front. How many goals have we potted lately? Not many. How many have we given up? Not many.

Biron played well enough to win last night but the fwds didn't score. We need offense because that is how we were winning before this little downturn. The injuries are all up front.

Get a d man closer to the deadline, but right now we need fwds. Have our fwds are minor leaguers!

We are not in good shape up front. How many goals have we potted lately? Not many. How many have we given up? Not many.

Biron played well enough to win last night but the fwds didn't score. We need offense because that is how we were winning before this little downturn. The injuries are all up front.

Get a d man closer to the deadline, but right now we need fwds. Have our fwds are minor leaguers!

The loss of Briere is really starting to show...Dumont will be back to help the PP, and Pyatt will battle for a 4th line spot, but we can really use a Weight or Morrison to shore things up over the next 2-3 months until Danny's back (assuming his recovery goes as smoothly as JP's)...come playoff time, having Drury, Connolly, Briere and Morrison/Weight up the middle would be outstanding...if needed, Drury can go to wing and allow Roy to center a line..but it would give Lindy some great options...and at the rate we're going, it's not a stretch to think that we'll have another injury, esp. with the compressed scedule after the break...

After last night's game...I agree with you.

It's too funny to watch so many pull the rip cord so early. :lol:

A little adversity and people are ready to deal and deal.

Let the young kids get their noses bloodied a bit and see how they react. If your going to deal every time they hit a rough patch the kids will never grow.

Peace

;)

Let the young kids get their noses bloodied a bit and see how they react. If your going to deal every time they hit a rough patch the kids will never grow.

Peace

;)

I miss the real DeLuca. Bring him back!

I don't understand Deluca????

I want to win. I started this thread when i first saw something i didn't like.

It is not about letting their nose get bloodied??????? That is nonsense teams crash it happens, it is not about letting the "kids" play this out that doesn't even make sense.

If we lose the next game we could lose everything we played so hard for this is a win every game situation and would take no less. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the beginning and they won why stop their? So they can bloody their nose?

This is probably uncharted waters for many sabres personal and players if they are all kids who is going to show them the way? You need to push hard as a coach never let up never say well we are losing so lets see if they can do it.

That is nonsense if you have ever played sports before then you know if you were on a good team you can lose 5 straight and throw everything away you tried so hard for.

Deluca i don't pull the rip cord but a few days ago i saw this coming the point is the team and management is to avoid it. Avoid other teams seeing our weakness. Good Gm's fill wholes when they show up.

Their is good chemistry? Good chemistry when you win? Bad chemistry when you lose? Where is the chemistry now good or bad?

Do not forget we had the talent to win the one goal games "the kids"(???) may not have it any longer but it is the GM's job to recognize and repair!

Don't forget we did have good chemistry but we are not a really talented team or a vateran team so even when those injured players come back it may not be the same.

You may not like what i say but from the beginning i have been right. Even though Deluca knows more and thought our team sucked and thinks SATAN will score more goals in the playoffs.

I am right I know I am and when we lose again mark my words you will here it on the radio and here it from the players and here it from the fans.

I shoudn't be the first to say it but Reiger should be the first to think it to think maybe we have a problem and we need to fix asap. Not even a stop Gap fix. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS always trade when an injury occurs(except this year) Detroit does it colorado and Dallas.

We did not fix our injury problems and I really thought a winning team would fix the money problems but reiger has done nothing to fix the problems. He better hope we win or we will have more problems then before because then we could lose the goalies head!

This is not being negative or jumping ship Deluca, it is reality this is what may or may not happen but if we lose we could lose our position and we will finish 6th or 7th remember that.

If we lose the next game we could lose everything we played so hard for this is a win every game situation and would take no less. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the beginning and they won why stop their? So they can bloody their nose?

Where has your faith gone?

Do you really think all is lost if the Sabres lose to the Kings? A mid season game against a non conference team?

And you bring up Toronto, Dallas and Detroit? I thought the idea was to build a team not just try to go out and buy one.

Even if the Sabres go .500 the rest of the way? They will still have 96 points which will more then enough to get in the playoffs comfortably.

This season is simply the first step in the process of building a solid franchise. A franchise that wins on the ice and has depth throughout the organIzation. The Kids that are being forced into action today will be better for it down the road.

Players will get healthy. Dumont and Briere will be back. Regier will make a deal if the deal fits within the Sabres game plan.

And don't forget. Younger teams play better on the road then at home. Less distractions.

I'm not saying the Sabres should stand pat. I'm just saying don't rush anything. The price is always lower when the seller comes to you. Not when you go to them.

Where has your faith gone?

Do you really think all is lost if the Sabres lose to the Kings? A mid season game against a non conference team?

And you bring up Toronto, Dallas and Detroit? I thought the idea was to build a team not just try to go out and buy one.

Even if the Sabres go .500 the rest of the way? They will still have 96 points which will more then enough to get in the playoffs comfortably.

This season is simply the first step in the process of building a solid franchise. A franchise that wins on the ice and has depth throughout the organIzation. The Kids that are being forced into action today will be better for it down the road.

Players will get healthy. Dumont and Briere will be back. Regier will make a deal if the deal fits within the Sabres game plan.

And don't forget. Younger teams play better on the road then at home. Less distractions.

I'm not saying the Sabres should stand pat. I'm just saying don't rush anything. The price is always lower when the seller comes to you. Not when you go to them.

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with Deluca 100%.

I think I can see where you are coming from Todd, but despite all of the Sabre success on the ice and at the box office, this is still a small market, challenged team. Again, I don't like to see a 100% effort not put forth, but the injuries are taking its toll. But, those same injuries should see those key players returning in the next few weeks. It is just NOT worth giving up some of these key prospects b/c we have injuries.

The team is still only 4 points back of Ottawa?!?! Why is so much pending on a Saturday night game vs LA!?! There are 12 games between now and the Olympic Break. It is just not worth the players we would give up to help get us through 12 games and in reality how many teams out do you think have thrown in the towel and are ready to give up on the kind of players you seek?

This is not being negative or jumping ship Deluca, it is reality this is what may or may not happen but if we lose we could lose our position and we will finish 6th or 7th remember that.

whatever... 4th is nice but as long as were in the playoffs i think most of us will be content... however... we were all a little spoiled by the team in november and decemeber... now the expectations are there and there not performing like they were and everyone is gettin mad... and you Todd are not helping it... espcially with stupid trade rumours... the pixels that your threads occupy on my screen could be better used for other things.... so DON'T!

whatever... 4th is nice but as long as were in the playoffs i think most of us will be content... however... we were all a little spoiled by the team in november and decemeber... now the expectations are there and there not performing like they were and everyone is gettin mad... and you Todd are not helping it... espcially with stupid trade rumours... the pixels that your threads occupy on my screen could be better used for other things.... so DON'T!

I have to agree with the last few posts. Well put. Just something that I wanted to add. The short term goal is to make the playoffs, and maybe go deep. The long term goal is to build a strong franchise. We are not going to accomplish our long term goal by making a trade every time someone goes down with an injury.

Another thing that a few people have forgotten is that this team has tremendous depth, even up front. That being said, I even had the knee jerk reaction the other night that we need another scorer in here, and maybe we do...but at what price? Our biggest hole is at defense. We have some injuries to key personnel right now, and it's had a big effect. But they're all going to come back. So I think patience is key.

Just one more point to add. For everyone who is worried about the team. We've been on a bit of a slump, and the 9th place team has been hot, and we still have a 10 point lead.

I have to agree with the last few posts. Well put. Just something that I wanted to add. The short term goal is to make the playoffs, and maybe go deep. The long term goal is to build a strong franchise. We are not going to accomplish our long term goal by making a trade every time someone goes down with an injury.

Another thing that a few people have forgotten is that this team has tremendous depth, even up front. That being said, I even had the knee jerk reaction the other night that we need another scorer in here, and maybe we do...but at what price? Our biggest hole is at defense. We have some injuries to key personnel right now, and it's had a big effect. But they're all going to come back. So I think patience is key.

Just one more point to add. For everyone who is worried about the team. We've been on a bit of a slump, and the 9th place team has been hot, and we still have a 10 point lead.

Oops, that was me. Forgot to log in, sorry.

At the beginning of the season i said we had a great team i said we would win i would accpet no less then 4th place and would expect no less then a stanley cup run. Those are my expectations after seeing Buffalo in 2004. I saw that we only needed good goaltending we never had.

Deluca you had low expectations and expected to lose so if we lose you are okay with that it is your expectations I do not expect that.

It is all to dissapointing in the new age of hockey, I started liking the sabres when i was 10 years old. their was no small market teams their was no cap. Now that their is a cap that saved the Buffalo Sabres we have a chance to win. I feel very confident in Buffalo Management to put together a winner. I always believed in Reiger and I expect nothing less from him but to win.

I hate to say i told you so but i started this topic 2 weeks ago and here we are struggling because Reiger and Ruff failed to do anything to pull this team up a level. I don't even get to watch the games and i could feel the season taking a toll on the Players.

It is time to do something before we slide!

Oh wait i have a good idea, lets lose to the rangers and wait for the Olympics because then we will be healthy??? and then the trade deadline can help because we have thrown in the towel against Ottawa because they are so far 7 points ahead.

Sometimes losers call it quits and winners find a way. It seems to be a trend because if you notice the teams at the top are always in the rumors looking to improve. Don't forget chemistry though that is important???? Is it helping us out right now????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes! By all means let make moves out of panic. Let's throw away the entire building plan and mortgage the future for a run this year. Let's be good this year and who cares about the future.

If everyone is going to panic everytime this team doesn't go 19-2-2 then you have a long road to go. The schedule is tough and this team is going win and lose some games.

There are allot of young players on this team that will get a crash course in PlayOff Runs. Evreything that happens, good or bad, goes a long way in giving the younger guys the expeirence needed to make this a very good team. I'm talking long term year in and year out. Not just a one season wonder.

Peace

;)

and we'll turn into toronto. lol.

agreed.

Archived