GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

wow, i've honestly never heard RJ be unprofessional... "come on guys, shooooot the puck??!!??!!" to end the period was the first time for my ears.

I think that Ronan Tynan doing it got him started.

And after 44 seconds of 4 on 3 to start the 3rd, the Sabes get 48 seconds of 5 on 3 and 18 seconds of 5 on 4 (hopefully more after they score on the 5 on 3).

This game is getting under my skin.

Sabres start the third with an advantage. They need to drive it home.

Way too much tic-tac passing going on..

Panthers outhitting Buffalo and outshooting them..

Panthers have given up 111 goals and we can only tag them for two in two games...Argh

How bad is the PP?? try 3 lousy shots on 5 PP.

I don't understand what Peters got the penalty for. I know they'll call you for throwing the gloves off, but that seemed pretty weak, IMO...

cause he hounded the guy and challenged him about 5x... pluis he may have said some things. it was a good call by the refs, and a terrible decision by peters.

I don't disagree that he acted like an ass...but we see much worse all the time with guys chasing refs to complain about calls, coaches screaming & yelling, etc.... just seems weak, IMO.

BTW, Roy got called for one a fews weeks ago for yelling at the ref after a non-call - I hope this doesn't turn into a pattern or reputation...?

WHY do they show 30 seconds of Lindy's PC and then cut back to Sylvester and Roby? I'd rather hear from the coach's mouth what he thought of the game, and not what those tow think...

Also, what a joke this New Era 3 Stars is. Why do we have to wait 30 minutes after the game ends for us to learn who the media thinks the best players of the game were? <_<

I'll take the win.

Three concerns:

1) LACK OF EFFORT. This team, IMO, is starting to believe they can just show up and win. If they keep that up, it won't be the case.

2) Other teams seem to have figured out that they can clog up center ice and effectively snuff out Buffalo's offense. Lindy needs to adjust to this.

3) Sloppy defensive zone passes. Oh my God.

Never thought I would say this, but I am glad Ottawa is next up, with Panthers (2), Montreal (1) and New Jersey as four of the last five games, the Sabres have really struggled with D-minded teams. Looking forward to some up and down the ice hockey.

Was thinking this last night: How long has it been since we have seen the perfectly executed homerun pass from the D to the O? We saw so much of that early and now it is extremely rare. Teams are adjusting.

Did you see the pasting Ottawa took last night from the Dixie Chicks? Ottawa had one good game against Detroit (3-2) and has lost to Columbus (2-6), Caps (2-6), Nashville (0-6), Rangers (1-3). So that means they have been outscored 23-8 in their last five. This has definitely been a momentum killing road trip. Does look like they enjoy giving up six goals though having done it three times in their last five. That makes me somewhat nervous though. Last time they were on the ropes, they played Buffalo and got well.

Not to be a smartass because announcers say it all the time, but what is a HOMERUN PASS? - those words should not be used together - I know what you mean but just hate that phrase.

Would you prefer the "hail mary pass" :blink: ?

WOW Miller made a hugh stop late in the game..

My Stars:

:worthy: Miller

:worthy: :worthy: vanek

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Max

Buffalo wins UGLY :ph34r: :ph34r: Panthers: :death:

Looks like I was close. This is what the NHL chose... Was tough picking beyond Miller last night.

1st: MAXIM AFINOGENOV

2nd: RYAN MILLER

3rd: THOMAS VANEK