Gameday thread: Sabres @ Devils

JujuFish

Again avoiding our first losing streak, we beat a strong Canadiens team. Will the momentum carry over to NJ? They played the trap fairly well against us. I sure hope this game isn't as boring as it could become. I say we take an early 2-0 lead, forcing New Jersey to open up. 5-2, Buffalo, as the final.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Oh yeah, I also had to extend Corp's gameday absence streak to what, 4? :D

don't you worry. i'll mount my comeback sometime.

as for the game tonight, i hope roy and vanek play hard, because i doubt afinogenov will be 100%. Is this a game that biron starts? miller has played a lot lately. It is the last of the road trip, so the sabres will really want to play hard for the win.

Again avoiding our first losing streak, we beat a strong Canadiens team. Will the momentum carry over to NJ? They played the trap fairly well against us. I sure hope this game isn't as boring as it could become. I say we take an early 2-0 lead, forcing New Jersey to open up. 5-2, Buffalo, as the final.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Oh yeah, I also had to extend Corp's gameday absence streak to what, 4? :D

If your 5-2 prediction holds, it'll happen like this - Sabres go up 2-0 early, stop playing hockey for two periods, NJ ties it up middle of the the third, Sabres roar back with 3 in the last 10 mins.

Unfortunately, I think we're looking at a 3-1 NJ win, as the boys have been maddening incosistent of late, following one bad performance with a good one, and vice versa.

Sabres should replace the slug on their shirt with a bulls-eye. Every team they play sees that already. NJ is up and coming. You know all they've heard is , "Let's see what they can do against the #1 team in the conference".

I will be very surprised if NJ doesn't come out playing the way the Panthers did. The Sabres are a good team, maybe even great. I have no concerns with their talent at all, anymore. But the big concern now is, mental. Can these guys mentally prepare for challenges? Can they elevate their game? Do they get fired up to meet the challenge of a team looking to prove themselves like NJ tonight?

They pulled one out against Montreal, but stunk against Wash and Florida.

I'm a cynic used to years of losing when it counts, I enjoy all the wins, they've been an entertaining team over the years, but really lose in the end. I'm sorry, I'm picking NJ to win, 5-3, in a game not as close as that score might suggest. Hope I'm wrong.

Mostly solid goal-tending from Miller with some sickness at the end. Brodeur just keeps keeping on. The zebras are letting both teams play. That really doesn't bode well for the guys in white. I'd score that one 10-9 Devils if this was a fight.

The crowd (?) makes it sound like a funeral home. What's with these people?

New Jersey beat Buffalo to EVERY loose puck in that period. Just heard that Buffalo hasn't won in NJ in four years.

How are we making a defensive team look like an offensive juggernaut?

I don't think it was that lopsided. Devils are going to pump shots from the point.

Buffalo got trapped in their zone the last minute when Soup broke a stick.

They owned the last 80 and probably had 4 shots, other than that it was pretty even.

Briere-Pommenville-Hecht all had less than 4 min. TOI.

Kind of hard to tell, but Miller might have made a spectacular lunging stick save at the end on a bad angle shot. Or might have hit the post. Sabres still seem like a tired team, I don't know. On one dump in they just didn't have any desire to get the puck. A nice rush by Max, but no one else has his legs going. Briere 0-5 on faceoffs, something to watch with Drury out.