Sabres need to be proactive!

rickshaw

This team is playing above most people's expectations, but now that they are up at the top of the league, they need to stay there.

They have played above their heads with all the injuries, and sooner or later it will catch up with them.

They need to make a proactive trade while in a position of strength. They have a good goalie to offer up, so move one. Preferably Biron in my eyes. Something tells me Noronen will be a beauty one day, so don't give him up too early.

I want this team to make the playoffs. I don't think we're a Cup contender yet, but experience is a valuable tool to gain. They are a good young team. They need to tinker with it slightly.

I'm sure Drury has been spoken too about guys he'd love to see in Buffalo, from Colorado. Make something happen.

If Buffalo waits too long, I'm afraid they will start to lose more than they win, and then they will be dealing from a position of weakness and not strength. Tinker and I believe we hold off the teams following us.

The Western Road Trip is hard. Very hard. I think now is the time to make a move. Too many guys with injuries and that means we are taxing some other players. Let's make a deal!

I agree, but I grow tired of repeating myself. Teams that need a goalie today, may not be in such dire straits a month from now. Darcy should put his Biron package together and pull the trigger and get this team some help at defense and/or forward.

agreed... however the "right" trade must come along we've put far to much effort into building and training biron to be an NHL goalie that to give him away for little or nothing would not to be smart... but your right we need some help at defense.

ok so we could do with a stopgag scoring forward. Pomiville, Roy, Vanek, Grier, hecht. If these guys can get their game going or increase it a little then we shouldnt have that problem.

defense? we have enough back end guys, we just need kalinin to step up. his the major difference at the moment. i believe his back in, was he out on sat or did he play against njd?

ok so we could do with a stopgag scoring forward. Pomiville, Roy, Vanek, Grier, hecht. If these guys can get their game going or increase it a little then we shouldnt have that problem.

defense? we have enough back end guys, we just need kalinin to step up. his the major difference at the moment. i believe his back in, was he out on sat or did he play against njd?

Having a lot of defenseman doesn't mean we are set at defense. We need a good defenseman.

What's being offered?

It's too easy to say "trade this guy" or "trade for this" without having any idea of what the market is like.

;)

Exactly my friend. I may not agree much but that is the case. This is how the NHL works and this is especially how Darcy works...extremely patient and extremely slow, and then there are a flurry of moves.

One only needs to point to one of the few good moves made by Tom Donohoe who was getting blasted daily by fans for not moving their "2nd" starting RB in Travis Henry and looked how that turned out for us.

If Biron were moved to Vancouver, I'd expect to see Brendan Morrison come back in return. He's a good #2 center and would fit in nicely with the Sabres, I believe. I do worry he'd be upset leaving home though. He lives behind my buddies place in Coquitlam.

That's one trade scenario. I don't want Noronen moved though. Too much potential, more than Biron's.

If Biron were moved to Vancouver, I'd expect to see Brendan Morrison come back in return. He's a good #2 center and would fit in nicely with the Sabres, I believe. I do worry he'd be upset leaving home though. He lives behind my buddies place in Coquitlam.

That's one trade scenario. I don't want Noronen moved though. Too much potential, more than Biron's.

That still leaves us in need of improvement on the blueline. And Center is a position that we have a lot of depth...almost too much when everyone is healthy. I'm happy with Briere, Drury, Connolly, Roy and Gaustad. Granted they are not all healthy right now, but come playoff time they will be.

Archived