Eklund Reporting..

gsx95red

Either Lapierriere or Laaksonan. It is an e3 rumor of his meaning it has been confirmed by some NHL team personnel.

I would prefer they go after Svatos or maybe the slumping Hejduk. But it doesn't seem realistic.

How about a return of Boughner to toughen up the D?

Why stupid?

Do you beleive that is too much? or too little?

Do you expect to get Crosby back in return for Biron?

He won't bring more than a top 6 forward or top 4 defensemen.

All those players are solid, and fit into the sabres salary structure. There is no way they will bring in say Doug Weight and upset team chemsitry like that.

Why stupid?

Do you beleive that is too much? or too little?

Do you expect to get Crosby back in return for Biron?

He won't bring more than a top 6 forward or top 4 defensemen.

All those players are solid, and fit into the sabres salary structure. There is no way they will bring in say Doug Weight and upset team chemsitry like that.

It's stupid because Regier is not going to trade Biron for that garbage, especially with our strength at forward...

No i don't expect to get Crosby, i expect to get a defenseman

I didn't say go get Weight either...

I agree, they won't disrupt chemistry, but do you honestly think by getting, hypothetically Weight, that the sabres chemistry will be disrupted?

Give your head a shake...there's enough leadership in that dressing room that someone like Weight isn't going to ruin things by trying to be the leader, or something...

Bottom line is, this Eck-#%^$#! is crap...has anything that guy predicted ever come true???...give me a break

If we are going to trade Biron, I would prefer to get a defenseman in return, but if this rumor is true, I would prefer Laperriere over Laaksonen. Grit and hard work are always good come playoff time and Laperriere certainly fits the bill in that regard.

This is another good one from the same site...

The Av`s are no doubt smack dab in the middle of the Marty Biron Sweepstakes. Budaj and Aebischer have screwed the pooch for Colorado all season long. Both have 3-ish GAA. Weak Goaltending is killing the Av`s.

Darcy Regier`s priority is to get maximum value for his asset, therefore, he wants maximum value in return. Darcy has the hammer, and he`s going to use it.

I`m told by a reliable source that Marek Svatos is at the top of Buffalo`s wish list.

Alex Tanguay`s name is a close second on their list. Ian Laperriere is a nice player, however, The Sabres love the way that Chris Drury vibed with Tanguay in Colorado. The Sabres will go top shelf where Mama hides the cookies, and ask for the Svatos. When Pete LaCroix tells them to give their head a shake, Darcy will be happy with Alex Tanguay.

If the Sabres could pry Tanguay our of Colorado, I'd be jumping for joy. Do I think it is going to happen...no way in hell. The Sabres would have to throw a LOT more at Colorado than Biron in order to get Tanguay.

Who comes up with this nonsense. :angry:

It probably won't happen, I've never seen a trade rumor on that site come true, nor have I seen an actual trade predicted. Biron also has a threeish GAA. I think both of those goalies are about as good as he is. They need defensive D just as bad as anyone. Blake is starting to show his age a bit, Liles is good offensively, Brisebois is a shithead.

My thoughts are that Marty will be traded this season, but probably in a package and for a player that has not been mentioned to date. Most of the potential trades I have heard of have not truly addressed both Sabres and trading partner's weaknesses.

ugh... the rumour mill is starting early this year... usually it starts close to the deadline... i guess this ecklund guy is an idiot... never heard of him... howevere a Svatos, tanguay type guy might be just what we need... however... were gonna need more then biron to get either one of them. unless COL is looking to drop salary. Lacrox is far to devious and sly to get screwed by regier... if anyone is gettin screwed its regier.

Archived