Gameday Thread - Sabres @ Canadians

inkman

Campbell already is an assistant captain I believe.

Campbell wore the A for one game in the preseason. Whoever is not wearing the C for the night gets 1 A, Teppo usually gets the other.

Great game tonight. I thought we got a little sloppy at times, but overall I thought it was well played. Miller played great again. The PP wasn't great, but Montreal had a really good PK going.

I thought Sekera looked really good for his first game. He made a couple of mistakes, but everyone does from time to time.

Friggin' TiVo... Tried to record a Buffalo basketball game on a channel I don't even get... I missed the 1st 10 minutes (the first of the season for me) and then it only recorded to the end of the 2:30 time slot. I missed the last 2:30, OT, and the SO. :wallbash:

Looking at the recap:

WTF did Max get 2nd star for? :unsure:

Letters are merely matter of fact with this team. Plenty of leaders. Drury, Campbell, Numminen, Briere, Spacek, Gaustad, Afinogenov, Miller, SDS all of them can lead. :thumbsup:

thanks for including me in there. I play a small role compared to the others, but your acknowledgement is appreciated. :)

Man if we play these guys in the playoffs it will be one hell of a series.

Honestly they do scare me a little in a playoff series because of their special teams...top-tier PP and PK units. 3 out of 4 games so far have gone to OT. It definitely helped last night that Goose knocked Souray out for most of the third period - that guy is a monster, what a shot!

Did anyone else hear Roy mouthing off to Souray after Souray roughed him up next to the Sabre net? You could clearly see and hear him say "Yeah you're real f*ckin' tough, why don't you pick on someone your own f*ckin' size!". Oh man that was hilarious :lol:

Briere took a beating last night, seems like teams are really making a point of being extra physical with him and trying to wear him down. I like how he got in a punch to the side of the head of whichever guy raped him in front of the net (I forget who it was), too bad the ref saw it too.

A gritty win last night against a very good team in their extremely loud building. Now bring on NJ! :beer:

:worthy: Vanek :worthy: Miller

Man if we play these guys in the playoffs it will be one hell of a series.

Honestly they do scare me a little in a playoff series because of their special teams...top-tier PP and PK units. 3 out of 4 games so far have gone to OT. It definitely helped last night that Goose knocked Souray out for most of the third period - that guy is a monster, what a shot!

Did anyone else hear Roy mouthing off to Souray after Souray roughed him up next to the Sabre net? You could clearly see and hear him say "Yeah you're real f*ckin' tough, why don't you pick on someone your own f*ckin' size!". Oh man that was hilarious :lol:

Briere took a beating last night, seems like teams are really making a point of being extra physical with him and trying to wear him down. I like how he got in a punch to the side of the head of whichever guy raped him in front of the net (I forget who it was), too bad the ref saw it too.

A gritty win last night against a very good team in their extremely loud building. Now bring on NJ! :beer:

:worthy: Vanek :worthy: Miller

What?!? Roy was whining because of the 7" height and 40 lb weight advantage to Souray? :blink:

What a crybaby! ***sarcasm off***

It was nice to see Ghostdad clean Souray's clock. The Slugs need more of this, especially against teams that try to intimidate them physically. Great win, guys.

WTF did Max get 2nd star for? :unsure:

Well, he did make few nice rushes into the zone, including the one that led directly to Novotny's goal. However, I can't help but thinking that it might have been some tongue in cheek from the Montreal media...

Afinigenov had an absolutely horrible giveaway in the zone when he was on the boards halfway up our zone and passed into the middle of the ice, directly to a Montreal player who ended up with a 2 on 0 on Miller, and then Afinigenov had to take him down with a hook to basically save a goal, which Montreal quickly turned into a goal after Ryder pounced on a loose rebound. It was good to see that Afinigenov was giving himself a verbal tongue lashing as he skated out of the box towards the Buffalo bench after the goal...

Perhaps they thought Max figured prominently in the first 2 goals of the game----

One for Buffalo and then one for Montreal....

hahahaah