Gameday Thread - Sabres @ Canadians

inkman

3 games in a row i'm beaten, however, i was able to pin it and put my stamp on it!!

anyways, to the game tonight. Let's face if folks, this sabres team is not dominating as they were. They can't flip a switch and turn it on at will at the moment. If they are to win tonight, they're going to have to play hard, gritty, and earn it. The habs will play us hard, and we're probably without Teppo tonight. The boys better be willing to play tough, go to the boards, and make the extra push for the puck. HOPEFULLY, we can pull off a win, but nothing is guarenteed right now... Miller is playing great at the moment, so if we can put forth a semblance of an effort, i can maybe see a 4-2 victory? 3-1? something along those lines... However, as i said before, it could go the other way too...

Losing Teppo is huge, however, tallinder's return is on the horizon, so if Teppo is out long-term, it's not TOO big a loss...

LOL, I'm setting my alarm for 5:30 am! :D

I'd make it 5:20. I arrive at work at 5:30, I read the paper before I came to Sabrespace this morn. I won't be so lax tomorrow.

We all do, Inky. Well, except for Rabbit151, because he's a Spurs fan!

:lol:

This is a big one. I've been saying for a while the Sabres haven't had much to play for. Tonight is different. They've been challenged -- by their coach, by themselves, by many fans (if they are aware of the various boards, anyway). And they have some adversity, if they are without Teppo and Chris. Montreal's only 8 points back, their closest rival in the Northeast. If they don't show up tonight, something is really wrong.

This is a big one. I've been saying for a while the Sabres haven't had much to play for. Tonight is different. They've been challenged -- by their coach, by themselves, by many fans (if they are aware of the various boards, anyway). And they have some adversity, if they are without Teppo and Chris. Montreal's only 8 points back, their closest rival in the Northeast. If they don't show up tonight, something is really wrong.

Drury is not listed in the paper as being potentially out. Seems to me like he just needed a day off to recover.

Drury is not listed in the paper as being potentially out. Seems to me like he just needed a day off to recover.

Call me stupid (and I know many will) but I haven't read or heard anything about Drury being out for this game. What is the deal?

at least he's not injured. he has a flu or something, so if he plays, he'll be 100%, if not, i feel for the guy. Being truly sick does suck the big one. Either way, its a rallying point, which the sabres desperately need.

at least he's not injured. he has a flu or something, so if he plays, he'll be 100%, if not, i feel for the guy. Being truly sick does suck the big one. Either way, its a rallying point, which the sabres desperately need.

And being sick increases the risk of injury as I have found out from personal experience. If he isn't 100% I hope he sits

Yeah, when you're sick even the most mundane things can be a hassle. I can't imagine someone being able to compete at that level if they had a serious flu bug or whatever he has.

AWESOME first period for the sabres... no, they didn't score... no they didn't grossly outplay the habs... but they did show up, they skated hard, and they worked.. The good guys had a 4 minute penalty kill, and really limited the canadiens chances. The habs are a good team and outshot the sabres, but if there are such things as moral victories, after thursday's performance, that was a moral victory. Time to light the lamp in the 2nd.