Gameday Thread - Sabres @ Panthers 12/7

Chilly

And yet I'm sure someone will make a post blaming Miller for giving up too many goals.

I'm sure they will...I didn't want to start a flame war earlier, but if Marty is in net tonight, we're down 5-1 right now and we're all wondering if the boys have a four-goal rally in them...

jiri novotny has gotten beat in every corner, beaten to every puck, and outplayed in every way possible.

i am not pleased.

nobody's been injured so far... paestch got into a fight... and we were served some humble pie. I could care less about anaheim's record at the moment. if it takes a loss to get us back on track for the #1 spot for the eastern conference, that's all i care about.

nobody's been injured so far... paestch got into a fight... and we were served some humble pie. I could care less about anaheim's record at the moment. if it takes a loss to get us back on track for the #1 spot for the eastern conference, that's all i care about.

Watch all 3 goals over again. You will notice a common person on camera in all 3.

I'll give you a hint. He wears number 45.

And yet, he was on the ice at the end of the game when they pulled Miller....WTF?

I said it earlier in the thread - Lindy should bring up a couple guys from ROCH for a couple games and start handing out press box seats to some of our more "comfortable" players...

I'll give you a hint. He wears number 45.

My prediction is that we will be inconsistent until Tallinder comes back. After he does, and gets back in the groove, we will be playing our best yet. And if Connolly comes back sometime in the 2007 portion of this year then we will get doubly better.

Tallinder really is the glue that holds this defense together, and is a big part in holding the entire team together. This inconsistent play started right after Tallinder went down.

Don't fret, he be back soon? Right?

I think the last update on Tallinder was maybe by the end of December...

Doesn't matter that much, though - his return won't make Kalinin stop turning the puck over, missing assignments or losing battles; it won't stop Lydman from making boneheaded passes through the middle of the ice..

As for Connolly - don't hold your breath. If he comes back and plays at the same level, great - but I am not counting on it.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't really mind. But this is kind of a home job on the 3 stars:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2006120726

Auld 2nd star? He was barely tested! Miller stood on his head at the other end and gets nothing. Giving Jackman 3rd star is even funnier. If Kalinin didn't take Miller out, no way that shot goes in.