"COLIN COWHERD"

Sabretooth73

guy is on espn radio weekday mornings, doesnt even consider hockey a major sport, or maybe not even a sport at all, doesn even acknowledge it..... im getting real sick and tired of this guy talking about "yankees, red sox, etccc" everyday of the year.

I'm not sure what your choices are. Can you stream, or are you strictly forced to listen to the airwaves?

i dont have access to a computer 24-7...talking about being in the car, and no i dont have nor want satellite radio..... this guy sounds so arrogant and only talks about the yankees, red sox, or large market teams, wtf! F him! and f mark schlereth too, for picking against the bills EVERY week this season, according to him they should be 0-13 right now.

I have become very picky with my listening choices as of late. I don't tolerate stuff that bothers me. I don't even tune into WGR for a few days after Bills losses. The last thing I need to hear is everyone rehashing the plays that sucked to begin with.

guy is on espn radio weekday mornings, doesnt even consider hockey a major sport, or maybe not even a sport at all, doesn even acknowledge it..... im getting real sick and tired of this guy talking about "yankees, red sox, etccc" everyday of the year.

Yeah this guy is about as big of a tool as you can be. Unfortunately we ar stuck listening to him from 10AM-12PM and then thankfully are saved by the king of sports radio, Jim Rome.

Yeah this guy is about as big of a tool as you can be. Unfortunately we ar stuck listening to him from 10AM-12PM and then thankfully are saved by the king of sports radio, Jim Rome.

Man...I hated this guy BEFORE I knew about the ridiculous behavior described in the link above or his hockey bashing. How does this guy keep his job? I so wish WGR would find something else to fill that time slot.

I'm not a fan of Jim Rome's either, but at least he's been relatively professional (since that fight with "Chris" Everett, that is). Cowherd reminds me of Mike Schopp.

i dont have access to a computer 24-7...talking about being in the car, and no i dont have nor want satellite radio..... this guy sounds so arrogant and only talks about the yankees, red sox, or large market teams, wtf! F him! and f mark schlereth too, for picking against the bills EVERY week this season, according to him they should be 0-13 right now.

You should seriously consider an XM radio. There is a 24 hour hockey station.

Well I guess I am in the minority here. I like listening to the guy because he is funny. I do not always agree with him with what he says but I think most of it is to get ratings which is what everyone in the radio/tv business really cares about.

He does pretty much just stick to NFL, college football, and baseball. Does any nationally syndicated radio host talk about hockey? There are 3 major sports in America. NFL, college football and MLB. The NBA and NHL are on the second tier. The only reason he talks about the NBA is because ESPN has a monetary interest in it.

As far as the Yanks-Saux stuff, he is located in Conn. and that is smack dab in the middle of both territories. He is a west coast guy but EVERYONE in radio/tv jumps on anything Yanks-Saux. It is the most overrated crap in sports but it gets ratings.

That sucks that he stole a bit and didnt give credit but this not the first time that has happened in radio and it wont be the last time. If you dont like him change the station.

I gotta agree with Hirly - there are a lot of reasons to like or dislike the guy, but if you don't like him, don't listen to him. I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity because I know that 30 seconds into the program, my blood pressure is up 20 points and I am gripping the steering wheel tighter and yelling at other drivers (OK, so I do that anyway...)

When I lived in Florida my schedule allowed me to listen to him more, but nowadays, unless there is a guest that I want to hear or some segment I am waiting for, I generally steer away from sports talk radio. For the most part, sports talk radio has gotten too superficial and too headline-oriented, with all the national broadcasts talking about the Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Patriots/Colts, Lakers, Notre Dame, Ohio State, T.O....and I cannot take listening to 6-8 hours of the same crap over & over again.

As for his style, he freely admits that he won't have many fans in Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland...

In an October 2003 article about Cowherd in the Portland Tribune, he commented on his broadcasting style: "My sense of humor is not for everybody. I would bomb in a Rust Belt, X's-and-O's, beer belly market. I relate to a guy who loves sports but who have never played. I think radio maximizes my act and TV minimizes many of my talents. TV, in some strange, unexplainable way, invalidates people. But the truth is radio (for a sportscaster) is much more difficult, takes far more skill and is much more challenging."

I don't listen too much to him at all since he is a hockey basher. I pretty much quit watching ESPN altogether because there is so much overhyped bullcrap on there that I can't stand it.

Coherd loves NFL, College football and Baseball. He'd probably talk NASCAR more than he'd ever talk hockey. Kiss my ass!!

And yes, I have XM and its THE BEST!! 6 channels of NHL 24/7. Great!

I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity because I know that 30 seconds into the program, my blood pressure is up 20 points and I am gripping the steering wheel tighter and yelling at other drivers (OK, so I do that anyway...)

Sounds like you drive like me. I almost got out of my car to yell at a soccer mom at in a parking lot because she iddn't use her turning signal, and decided at the last moment to veer back into the street and use the second entrance to the parking lot. Did I mention it was a church paking lot? :doh:

After driving in Orlando, with the elderly drivers, NASCAR wannabes, European vacationers, tourists, "new Americans" and the standard group of resident bad drivers, I've developed a real nasty streak behind the wheel. It has gotten considerably better since we moved out of that transient state.

I swear, when we would drive back home at Christmas, we could actually see the differences in drivers throughout the trip...and when we got back to Florida, it was like a parade of bad drivers were ushered onto the highways...

Archived