If Drury can't go, Novotny to probably play

LabattBlue

Per today's Buffalo News, if Drury can't play due to the groin injury, Jiri Novotny, may dress in his place.

Yikes, we are getting down to the slim pickins if Jiri is playing...

Drury, in my opinion, has lead this team ever since Briere went down...I was on him at the beginning of the season, but he has turned his game around 180 degrees...

We can't afford to be without Briere and Drury for too long...

Any time i hear it's a gr-gr-groin injury, i fear that like many, it could linger for a long time...

Yikes, we are getting down to the slim pickins if Jiri is playing...

Drury, in my opinion, has lead this team ever since Briere went down...I was on him at the beginning of the season, but he has turned his game around 180 degrees...

We can't afford to be without Briere and Drury for too long...

Any time i hear it's a gr-gr-groin injury, i fear that like many, it could linger for a long time...

The good news is that if Drury sits out tonights game, he has almost a whole week to recover as the Sabres next game after tonight is not until next Thursday.

The good news is that if Drury sits out tonights game, he has almost a whole week to recover as the Sabres next game after tonight is not until next Thursday.

Agreed...the sabres have that cushion where they don't have to rush guys back...

By the way, have you looked at the schedule in March and in to April...it's really insane - from March 7th to April 8th, they play one night, off the next, back to playing the following nite...four times during that stretch, they play back to back games...

Rest up boys, after the Olympics, it's going to be crazy...

Maybe it's a good idea to keep two strong goalies so we don't burn Miller out?

Hmmm <_<

Agreed...the sabres have that cushion where they don't have to rush guys back...

By the way, have you looked at the schedule in March and in to April...it's really insane - from March 7th to April 8th, they play one night, off the next, back to playing the following nite...four times during that stretch, they play back to back games...

Rest up boys, after the Olympics, it's going to be crazy...

Maybe it's a good idea to keep two strong goalies so we don't burn Miller out?

Hmmm <_<

Every goaltender is different, some of them love to play every game..........Miller is young and needs the experience, but lets face it the Sabres are in a position with their netminders that a lot of teams would love to be in......... B-)

Moot point

By Eric Schmitz, BSI Staff: Contrary to what was reported yesterday by SabresInsider.com, Jiri Novotny probably won't be making his NHL debut tonight. As for Nathan Paetsch, the same can not be said.

BSI has learned that due to an injury this morning, the Sabres have scratched plans to call up forward Jiri Novotny, and brought up defenseman Nathan Paetsch from Rochester to make his NHL debut tonight against New Jersey.

Paetsch, 22, was picked up by the Sabres as a re-entry in the 7th round (202nd overall) in the 2003 draft, due to the fact he could not come to contract terms with Washington, who picked him in the 2nd round in 2001. In his 3rd season with the Rochester Americans, Paetsch currently leads the team in points. The Humboldt, Saskatchewan native has 5 goals and 26 assists in 37 games for the Amerks.

Paetsch will wear #38 for Buffalo.

Archived