Got My Mini-Pack Today

PTS

Got my Mini-Pack today. Tickets are going fast. Many of the lower sections are almost sold out. If you are thinking about getting one, do so quickly.

I got two 100 LVL II/III tickets to:

2/9 - Montreal

3/9 - Tampa Bay

3/16 - Toronto

4/5 - Ottawa

4/16 - Toronto

$306 per ticket. Plus you get first dibs on playoff tickets. The money came from my 2006 Bills season tickets fund which I will not be getting. I still got $150 leftover which will go toward playoff tickets.

Guest Dwight Drane

That's a nice minipack. Just fair warning that you will probably get hit for 4 games each of the first 2 rounds in one bill....so that's going to run you almost $500. Start planning now, because we may actually be playing into June this year.

That's a nice minipack. Just fair warning that you will probably get hit for 4 games each of the first 2 rounds in one bill....so that's going to run you almost $500. Start planning now, because we may actually be playing into June this year.

Stop that crazy talk about June right now!!! :angry:

I don't want to hear that until it's definate. This team is such a pleasant surprise, I don't want to make unrealistic expectations. Right now, June is pretty unrealistic...

Guest Dwight Drane
Stop that crazy talk about June right now!!! :angry:

I don't want to hear that until it's definate. This team is such a pleasant surprise, I don't want to make unrealistic expectations. Right now, June is pretty unrealistic...

The Conference Finals will run into June, which considering our record, we should expect to be playing in.

I'm just warning him how the Sabres charge for playoffs. If we end up with a top 4 seed, they will assume 7 game series with 4 games at home, and bill him for those in April. He said he set aside $150 so far....if it cost him $306 per ticket for 5 games, the first 2 playoff series alone will cost him over $1000. If we make it to the 2nd round, he should get another bill for the Conference finals and Stanley Cup, which can run him up to another $1500.

So, if the Sabres make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, he will be forced to come up with $2500 if he wishes to keep those same two seats for the entire playoffs. Refunds may apply afterwards, but that's a lot of change to come up with in a 30 day period.

The Conference Finals will run into June, which considering our record, we should expect to be playing in.

I'm just warning him how the Sabres charge for playoffs. If we end up with a top 4 seed, they will assume 7 game series with 4 games at home, and bill him for those in April. He said he set aside $150 so far....if it cost him $306 per ticket for 5 games, the first 2 playoff series alone will cost him over $1000. If we make it to the 2nd round, he should get another bill for the Conference finals and Stanley Cup, which can run him up to another $1500.

So, if the Sabres make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, he will be forced to come up with $2500 if he wishes to keep those same two seats for the entire playoffs. Refunds may apply afterwards, but that's a lot of change to come up with in a 30 day period.

It was a little tongue in cheek. That someone thought the Sabres would be playing in June... and still sound logical!

Go figure...

Guest Dwight Drane
It was a little tongue in cheek. That someone thought the Sabres would be playing in June... and still sound logical!

Go figure...

Unfortunately....fun has it's price!

I still say they should have shortened the season to 65 games or so. The way we are losing guys up front, Randy Burridge will be playing wing for us in the playoffs.

How much do playoff tickets cost? You make it sound like 1st and 2nd round tickets cost $250 per seat per game. Maybe in New York but I doubt that's the price in Buffalo.

I don't know how it will work this year with the variable pricing wrinkle thrown in, but in the past for playoff tickets, the Sabres made you buy the playoffs in 2 round increments (like Dwight said). If it were possible for the Sabres to host 4 games under any circumstances, you would be expected to pay for 4 games (refunds would be applied should any games not be played). Invoices typically went out with about 4 weeks left in the season.

In the past, the 1st round pricing was the same as regular season for season ticket holders (ticket window prices went up fairly substantially) and 2nd round went up $5 - $20 depending upon where the seats were. The 3rd and 4th rounds were where the prices got steep. 3rd round would be about 50% more expensive than regular season and the Finals would be about double. 3rd and 4th round invoices typically go out about the time game 4 of the 1st round is being played. I doubt the $300 for 5 game seats would cost $1,000 for the 1st 2 rounds but could very easily see them costing $700-$800 upfront.

I am hoping the Sabres follow this format this year, but considering season ticket prices are at "value" pricing for all games, I'd expect 1st round to go up slightly over regular season. I'd expect season ticket holders to complain VERY loudly if prices do go up substantially for their tickets for the 1st 2 rounds. The Sabres have listened to and followed up on fan protests in the past. If you sit in the 300 level you will see that there are metal bars between the panes of glass at the front of the section, unlike the other levels where the glass is "seamless". The reason for this is Larry Quinn in his infinite wisdom decided to save some money and place metal bars at the front of the 300's rather than the more expensive glass that was used in front of the suites and 200's. This caused 300 level seats to be very obstructed view and MANY season ticket holders complained. (Believe it or not, I was not one of the people that protested (primarily because things got fixed before I had an opportunity to protest).) The Sabres tried to placate the fans by claiming the metal bars were safer than the glass and because anyone that went through the glass would be, shall we say screwed, they decided to put the bars in for safety. This "explanation" seemed to only make fans more irate and before the rink was 3 weeks old, glass was installed in the entire 300 level. Unfortunately because the concrete w/ bars in it had already been poured, they could not in a reasonably economically feasible way install the "seamless" glass, so that is why the 300 level has bars between the glass panes. As an aside, the glass has now been there for close to 10 years and to the best of my knowledge no one has ever broken through the glass. Sorry about that "useless trivia moment", what the heck was the original question?

Guest Dwight Drane
How much do playoff tickets cost? You make it sound like 1st and 2nd round tickets cost $250 per seat per game. Maybe in New York but I doubt that's the price in Buffalo.

Hey PTS,

Dave hit it right on the head with price levels. You said it was $306 per ticket which led me to assume $50 a seat per game...which I am not sure of minipack rules, but last season the price for the first two rounds were pretty much the same as a regular season game. The 3rd round goes up and the Stanley Cup is regulated by the NHL, so 100 level will be $100-150 and 300s will probably be in the $40-75 range.

So assuming $50 for the first two rounds=8 games=16 tickets...Dave hits it at $800, although they may try to hit you for window price.

If we have any shot whatsoever of being the higher seed, they will also charge you for 4 game series for the final 2 series. 8x$75 for Eastern Conference and 8x$100 for Stanley Cup.

$800+$600+$800=$2200 that needs to be forked over between April 1 and May 1. Now even if we win the cup :blink: , you will probably get some sort of refund since we most likely wont host 7 game series for every round. They accept credit cards, so that is a plus....and say we make it to the finals, you can probably scalp one game and get enough cash to pay for the other 3. It is something to think about though, as I was a little shocked the first time I had an invoice sent my way.

Hey, just think of it as a down payment on a top FA next year when the team makes a $15 million profit from all the playoff games.

Here's my dilema. I would naturally want to go to as many playoff games as I could but would definitely scalp maybe one game per round to make some money back since I'm no Bill Gates.

On June 9th I'm on a plane with a friend to Dusseldorf, Germany for the 2006 World Cup. I will be going to all the USA games. If the Sabres, dare I say, make the finals, I will be torn apart.

But that's a road I can only wish and hope to cross in six months.

EDIT: By my calculations, the Stanley Cup Finals start June 2nd-4th.

Here's my dilema. I would naturally want to go to as many playoff games as I could but would definitely scalp maybe one game per round to make some money back since I'm no Bill Gates.

On June 9th I'm on a plane with a friend to Dusseldorf, Germany for the 2006 World Cup. I will be going to all the USA games. If the Sabres, dare I say, make the finals, I will be torn apart.

But that's a road I can only wish and hope to cross in six months.

EDIT: By my calculations, the Stanley Cup Finals start June 2nd-4th.

No contest.

This former run stuffing nose tackle thinks Soccer simply sucks. :wacko:

No contest.

This former run stuffing nose tackle thinks Soccer simply sucks. :wacko:

Theorically, picture how crazy Buffalo would be if the Bills where in the Super Bowl and the Sabres in the Stanley Cup finals on the same day.

That's what the World Cup is like.

Archived