Gameday Thread - Sabres @ Lightning 12/5

Two or less

I thought this was one of the Sabres better overall efforts this year. I didn't notice a lot of major breakdowns in their own end and when they did, Miller was there. Other observations...

-Paetsch rebounded with a good game after the Washington debacle. :)

- Having Lydman back helps a lot. I know some are critical of our defenseman giveaways, but as long as they don't result in scoring chances and they are kept to a minimum, I'm okay. For every bad play they make, there are a half dozen plays they make that lead to a good breakout of their own zone.

-Briere is money! :worthy: :worthy:

-The Sabre fans in attendence were AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

-Did Vanek forget to get his skates sharpened. It seemed like he was laying on the ice every other shift. :doh:

-Kotalik...I'm still waiting! :thumbdown:

-He can fight(if that is what you want to call his charade) all he wants, Peters should still be in the press box(I don't care what Briere said after the game) and Paille on the 4th line. This would allow Lindy to roll 4 lines EVERY GAME! :wallbash:

GO SABRES!!!

-The Sabre fans in attendence were AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

-He can fight(if that is what you want to call his charade)) all he wants, Peters should still be in the press box(I don't care what Briere said after the game) and Paille on the 4th line. This would allow Lindy to roll 4 lines EVERY GAME! :wallbash:

GO SABRES!!!

For a game against a one line team, Peters certainly does not hurt. They won by 3...

As for Sabre fans, another team's fans didn't appreciate us... Link

As for Sabre fans, another team's fans didn't appreciate us... Link

Wow, these guys need to get out more:

5. Buffalo fans have officially passed flyers fans on my worst fans list...i will not attend another buffalo game probably ever....all they do is scream and yell...and they are soooo rude....they cant just sit and watch a game? without screaming LETS GOOO BUFFALOOO every 3 seconds right in your ear.....And why were there so many there??? had to be at least a good couple thousand of them....not enough words in this world can explain how annoyed I am right now...

Guess you can't yell & chant at a hockey game, huh?

Hey it is Easy to cheer for a winning Team,Any Band wagon Jumper can do that,Last Night was Proof of that.

There have NEVER Been that much Buffalo Shat in the palace,before,If you look up Front Runner,you will Find Buffalo Nation.

Buffalo has a Real good team,,,,,It is just their A-hole fans' I hate

First, what is Buffalo Nation? You could at least get it right (or make it sound better) by calling it Sabres Nation...and second - how are we even close to Front Runners? I would look at the Yankees before anyone else, and the Patriots, the LA Lakers, the Bulls, Miami Hurricanes, Notre Dame, the Raiders (hard to front-run when you suck, though) Ohio State...I think the Sabres would be waaaaaay down on the list of front runners....

And yes, the fans were rude, drunk and obnoxious...just like Philly fans. They didn't care that they were blocking my view of the game for the last 7 minutes. You can chant "Let's Go Buffalo" all you want, but put your [censored] in the seat. The ushers made 1 attempt, but the crowd wasn't cooperating. Half the people didn;t even have seats in that area, but that didn't seem to matter either.

We didn't even throw any commemorative glasses at anyone? Man, Lightning fans got off easy...

Well I'm itching to talk abut the Peter's fight. I don't get why it happened when nor do I get why it was needed. I'm even more befuddled by the statement that it calmed them down. They were playing like crap before that, I'll allow, but really is the implication that they need their resident goon to go throttle someone to make them play better?

WJAG, I'm hesitant to talk about the Peters fight, simply because I didn't get home from work until after the 1st period, so I really missed alot of the action.

What Briere said in the postgame interview sounded like that it wasn't so much that the Peters fight sparked the team and got them all worked up, but instead the Peters fight helped to slow the game down, which allowed the Sabres to get their bearings.

What Briere said in the postgame interview sounded like that it wasn't so much that the Peters fight sparked the team and got them all worked up, but instead the Peters fight helped to slow the game down, which allowed the Sabres to get their bearings.

Well, whatever it was, it certainly worked! Great job, Petey!