Gameday Thread - Sabres @ Lightning 12/5

Two or less

Best news we've had in weeks...and I am very happy that Stafford was the one sent down. I like him, I think he is going to eventually be a big contributor to the Sabres' success, but by going down to ROC he can get more ice time in different game situations - PK, PP, etc. I'd rather see him do that than try to learn through 8-12 minutes of game time with Buffalo each night...

Is there any chance Tallinder will be back by the end of the year? Is he at least skating since it was his arm that was hurt. I would not think it would take too long to get to game speed since he should be conditioning lower body this whole time - right??

I read somewhere over the weekend that he was doing just that. It shouldn't be long.

Truthfully, I'm just wondering why they didn't put the hardware in when he broke it in the Spring.

Hope you didn't mind my hijack. Corp has been offline, and I've been taking him for granted... :D

I don't mind at all... actually, im honored to have my first ever Sabrespace.com official game day discussion thread!! lol not many people can say that since corp always beats everyone to it! lol

Anyways, predictions?

5-1 Sabres. We don't mess around tonight.

Vanek 2 goals, Briere 2 goals and Pominville with a goal.

This one will be an old fashioned butt whooping. Miller will be PISSED.. So will the rest of the team. I ususally don't predict shutouts, but the lightning are walking into a saw on this one... 6-0 buffalo. Briere with a hat trick

Sorry about the gameday thread. My job has been kicking my butt, so rather than spend 20 minutes on here at 6am, i slept! I'll be back on track soon enough though.

Sorry about the gameday thread. My job has been kicking my butt, so rather than spend 20 minutes on here at 6am, i slept! I'll be back on track soon enough though.

Slacker!

Personally, I don't see a shutout. TB ought to be up for tonight after the beating they took last time we met.

I see more fights tonight and a 4-2 win.

Good to see Tampa honoring our "Chucker" tonight. They do a Top 10 moments of his career. Playing for the Sabres & getting that first NHL goal is #3 on the list.

Check it out on the Lightning's Site

http://www.tampabaylightning.com/tbl/conte...fm?pageid=1735#

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

I read an article before the season, and it was obvious they would retire his number this season at some point so they let him decide what game, without hesitation, he said vs. Buffalo! Just thought people should know it was up to him.