KEEP BOTH GOALIES - YEP THAT'S RIGHT!

inkman

Problem. I know having a 2.5 million dollar backup is stupid, but I really feel this is the best solution. The chemistry is good, so unload Mikka for whatever, and keep riding the horses that got us here. Yes, Ryan is better than Marty. I would rather have Marty to fall back on in case of injury or if Ryan suddenly craps himself.

(Broken record alert:) If Lindy is comfortable playing Mika on occasion (and he claims that he is), Marty should be the goalie to be traded. I don't think the team will have a dropoff in their level of play because Mika is in the nets.

He is cheaper than Marty, the Sabres will retain his rights longer, and he has, IMHO, more upside potential than Marty does. Also, again IMHO, he will perform over the long run better as a backup than Marty will as I think he will (when he actually gets to practice) shake off rust quicker than Marty will.

While Ryan may slump, he appears to be the #1 right now. The question isn't whether Marty or Mika would be a better starter today, the questions are who could / will perform more ably in a backup role this season (personally, I think it is fairly even but give a slight nod to Mika), who would bring more in trade this year (my gut feel is Marty, but I don't know that for certain), and who in future seasons would be more valuable to the Sabres (I believe that would be Mika).

Come deadline time, don't think we will have to give up Marty to aquire a top notch D-man. As a matter of fact, logically thinking (save your jokes), teams will be looking to unload payroll come trade time. Unless they are giving up 4 or 5 million in payroll (possible - for a good D-man), I can't see a team making that deal.

Come deadline time, don't think we will have to give up Marty to aquire a top notch D-man. As a matter of fact, logically thinking (save your jokes), teams will be looking to unload payroll come trade time. Unless they are giving up 4 or 5 million in payroll (possible - for a good D-man), I can't see a team making that deal.

In previous years I'd agree with you, but who knows what will happen in the first deadline with a salary cap. And why wait until the deadline to make a move if there is a great offer now...Of course if there was, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Archived