Hello Darcy are you out there...somewhere?

Tarrytown

Yeah let's deal a player just for the sake of dealing? :rolleyes:

The latest rumour i heard on some hockey web site was Colorado sending us like their 2nd best prospect (a LWer i think) for Biron. Yeah, i'm sure Regier prefers building for the future right now then keeping a goalie who can be the #1 if anything happens to Ryan Miller.

Get real people. Regier isn't going to deal Biron for garbage, if a great offer comes, we'll make the deal, until then, Regier is just happy with Miller/Biron and every fan should be as well.

I would really like Darc to trade Mika, keep Marty as he's a better backup and team guy ( i say that cause everyone seems to like him)...

If we could trade Mika, Fitz and a pick for a 5th d man- we'd be laughing...

The problem is that d are tough to come by right now...and we are not the only team looking for d

I would really like Darc to trade Mika, keep Marty as he's a better backup and team guy ( i say that cause everyone seems to like him)...

If we could trade Mika, Fitz and a pick for a 5th d man- we'd be laughing...

The problem is that d are tough to come by right now...and we are not the only team looking for d

Mika won't get us jack in return, maybe a 3rd round pick or a AHL player.

Regier wants no part of nonamers coming here, i think he's waiting til a deal is offered that will help us in the playoffs, if not, he's willing to go to war with this group of guys.

I agree that Mika's trade value is low...i don't think there's a chance in hell we'd get a 3rd rounder for him...

With that being said, you have to look at the trade market a little different...teams will be less likely to give away draft picks, and more likely to trade high salary guys so they can free up cap space...

The good thing about Mika is that he is cheap and does have NHL experience...some team might give up on an older d-man, who makes 2 to 3 million to not only get a goalie but free up some cap space...

Vancouver has got to do something about the goalie...fans are getting pissed!

I agree that Mika's trade value is low...i don't think there's a chance in hell we'd get a 3rd rounder for him...

With that being said, you have to look at the trade market a little different...teams will be less likely to give away draft picks, and more likely to trade high salary guys so they can free up cap space...

The good thing about Mika is that he is cheap and does have NHL experience...some team might give up on an older d-man, who makes 2 to 3 million to not only get a goalie but free up some cap space...

Vancouver has got to do something about the goalie...fans are getting pissed!

I would expect to see them make a run for Luongo or someone more like that, but Marty might still be in the picture there.

Last night, Auld basically melted down in the 3rd. I didn't see the 1st goal he gave up (but the announcers made it sound like it was weak), but the 2nd goal by Arnott was bad (Arnott came out from behind the net went past a screen formed by Morrow and the Vancouver D man and then appeared to surprise Auld when he came free) and the Modano goal was worse. Vancouver is definitely in the market for a goalie.

Regier wants no part of nonamers coming here, i think he's waiting til a deal is offered that will help us in the playoffs, if not, he's willing to go to war with this group of guys.

There is one important thing that the Sabres would get in any Mika deal, an open roster spot. That could save the team the trouble of trying to sneak a player like Pominville through waivers if the team makes another deal for an impact player (assuming they don't move any rostered players in that deal).

There is one important thing that the Sabres would get in any Mika deal, an open roster spot. That could save the team the trouble of trying to sneak a player like Pominville through waivers if the team makes another deal for an impact player (assuming they don't move any rostered players in that deal).

Pominville would NEVER clear waivers this time around.

Why is it not working for you ? Just because you have 3 good goalies does not mean you HAVE to trade one. I feel bad for Noronen but all I care about is winning. Nothing wrong with having depth at the most important position. Remember Miller's injury.

Why is it not working for you ? Just because you have 3 good goalies does not mean you HAVE to trade one. I feel bad for Noronen but all I care about is winning. Nothing wrong with having depth at the most important position. Remember Miller's injury.

Because bringing in another defenseman could make the team better, and when some of our players return from injuries, we're using a valuable roster spot.

Because bringing in another defenseman could make the team better, and when some of our players return from injuries, we're using a valuable roster spot.

I'd gladly waive Peters before I move one of the goalies. My next move would be to send Paille back down. That makes room for two returning players (Dumont and Quiet). We'll be lucky to see Briere back by playoff time, so carrying 3 goalies really doesn't cause a problem (if Darcy doesn't plan on making any trades).

im with mika on this, trade him for his sake, not for the team. his a #%^$#!ing human. not just a piece in this puzzle. get a 2nd rounder, or a solid 5/6th defensman, and just get poor old mika out of here. this isnt #%^$#!ing fair. i would have demanded a trade and kicked a total fuss by now, just to get my point accross.

I'd gladly waive Peters before I move one of the goalies.  My next move would be to send Paille back down.  That makes room for two returning players (Dumont and Quiet).  We'll be lucky to see Briere back by playoff time, so carrying 3 goalies really doesn't cause a problem (if Darcy doesn't plan on making any trades).

I would rather have Paille playing in Rochester with Peters glued to the press box seats, than have Paille wasting away in the press box when either Pyatt or JP are ready. Peters is cheap and his development will not be hindered by a lack of playing time.

I would very likely send Peters down when the other one is ready and likely have Pyatt as the press boxer but don't know for certain who sits when Andy goes down (or gets claimed, whatever).

I think we will see Briere back prior to the playoffs, but even if we don't see him until the playoffs I have seen nothing that indicates the rosters expand when the playoffs hit. Having a roster spot filled by the backup's backup while Roy, Gaustad, or Vanek get sent to Rochester for the playoff run will make Bob Matthews happy (he's a Rochester sportswriter for those who are going "huh?") but will not do much for the unlucky loser of the lottery. IMO, having 3 goalies will still create a roster size problem.

I also would not be surprised to see Mika (and/or to a much lesser extent Marty) become vocal (at least within the team) about their displeasure of being part of a 3 headed monster if all 3 are here and the calendar says March 10. They have both been excellent team players and have not disrupted the team, and I expect that to continue up to the trade deadline. After that, all bets are off. These guys are professional athletes and want to be able to play, it's one thing to be the backup; it's something totally different to be the backup's backup with NO reasonable CHANCE of playing as another of one's limited # of years to play goes down the tubes entirely. I don't mean to imply that either would become a Terrell Onlycaresabouthimself, but it is asking a lot of a young guy (Mika's only 26 and is at the age where he should be coming into his own if given the chance) to continue to put on a happy face when he is essentially getting kicked in the face. Not saying it would definitely happen, but I could see it being a starting point of friction for Team Chemisty.

I would rather have Paille playing in Rochester with Peters glued to the press box seats, than have Paille wasting away in the press box when either Pyatt or JP are ready. Peters is cheap and his development will not be hindered by a lack of playing time.

Yeah, I listed that out of order. Obviously Paille is the first to go once someone returns. I mentioned Peters first because of the fact that he doesn't belong on this team anymore. He needs to go once two players return.

As for the rest of the post about when (if) Briere returns, that's the only way that the 3 goalie situation really causes a problem (again, assuming that Darcy doesn't make any trades). We're making a big assumption here, that no one else gets injured over that time. If this situation rolls around, Darcy's best bet would probably be to move Mika for a pick/low prospect. If they believe that chemistry is the key part of this team's success, that is what they have to do.

One other thing worth mentioning: does it really matter if Mika starts to complain? With Miller and Marty winning nearly every start, who on the team would even stop to think that Mika should get a few starts? MAYBE Lydman and Old Man Numminen, but I'd have to believe that even they would be above that. The only way that Mika could become a cancer is if the team starts to struggle. At that point, I think it's a safe bet that Darcy would make a move to improve the team, which would cancel out anything we just talked about above.

Yeah, I listed that out of order.  Obviously Paille is the first to go once someone returns.  I mentioned Peters first because of the fact that he doesn't belong on this team anymore.  He needs to go once two players return.

As for the rest of the post about when (if) Briere returns, that's the only way that the 3 goalie situation really causes a problem (again, assuming that Darcy doesn't make any trades).  We're making a big assumption here, that no one else gets injured over that time.  If this situation rolls around, Darcy's best bet would probably be to move Mika for a pick/low prospect.  If they believe that chemistry is the key part of this team's success, that is what they have to do.

One other thing worth mentioning:  does it really matter if Mika starts to complain?  With Miller and Marty winning nearly every start, who on the team would even stop to think that Mika should get a few starts?  MAYBE Lydman and Old Man Numminen, but I'd have to believe that even they would be above that.  The only way that Mika could become a cancer is if the team starts to struggle.  At that point, I think it's a safe bet that Darcy would make a move to improve the team, which would cancel out anything we just talked about above.

Agreed.

Even if all the team gets is a draft pick at the deadline, I expect to see a goalie gone. Hopefully a deal occurs before that, because a deal predeadline would be for a player(s).

If the team goes on a skid after March 9, Darcy's hands are tied until the summer.

im with mika on this, trade him for his sake, not for the team. his a #%^$#!ing human. not just a piece in this puzzle. get a 2nd rounder, or a solid 5/6th defensman, and just get poor old mika out of here. this isnt #%^$#!ing fair. i would have demanded a trade and kicked a total fuss by now, just to get my point accross.

yea that would be slava kozlov all over again... mika is sitting up there in the press box laughing... god i wish i could make as much as he does watching hockey games... christ that must be the high life... he gets paid to watch hockey games while i have to pay to watch them... he best not be complaining... he's got it pretty damn good right now.

Archived