GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Finally playing in the offensive zone again...

Damn Ranger PP. Here comes Jagr and Straka again..

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: Rangers: :death: :death:

Every time this team gets a lead they give it up.. frustrating

Wow.. That was quick.. Another Ranger PP and a quick goal...

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: Rangers: :death: :death: :death:

Down for the first time in the game

Time to start playing again

Finally playing in the offensive zone again...

Damn Ranger PP. Here comes Jagr and Straka again..

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: Rangers: :death: :death:

Every time this team gets a lead they give it up.. frustrating

:death: :death: :death:

Our PP game has been weak as of late.

Vanek gets a penalty with 3:38 to go

No damage.. At least we get a point... Now let's go get that second one

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Rangers: :death: :death: :death:

OT

Okay Shootout time...

Briere, Scores... Yes!!!!

Nylander...Blocked

Kotalik... blocked

Shanahan...Blocked

Max... Blocked

Kruka ... Blocked

Buffalo wins...

Is there a better shoot out goalie than Miller!!!!!

Buffalo sweeps the Rangers...

Buffalo outshot massively...

The Rangers have to be asking themselves what it takes to beat this team. They will take solace in the fact that they earned points, but the record book shows them 0-4...

During the broadcast they said that the weather was so bad that the Rangers would be staying over night instead of leaving. With Buffalo due in Washington tomorrow, I was wondering what the weather does to their travel plans,

During the broadcast they said that the weather was so bad that the Rangers would be staying over night instead of leaving. With Buffalo due in Washington tomorrow, I was wondering what the weather does to their travel plans,

"When weather leaves town, [the Sabres] go to his house and bang his wife."

Can anyone name where that's from?

With how instrumental Brendan Shanahan was to bringing about the new rules and how much pull that might give him; and how pissed he was about the one-sided officiating last time these two teams played, I wont be in the least bit surprised to see it just as one-sided tonight in the other direction.

Very prophetic, indeed.

Don't worry. DC had its share of weather problems as well. However, considering just how busy that town is, they have to keep things running smoothly there. Trust me. I've lived in that area before, and I've driven through there. The smoother they can keep things running, the better it is for everyone to get through.

However, it could be worse. Try driving through Oklahoma, where they apparently don't have a clue on how to plow the roads (except for the major interstates, and even some of that's rather half-way). I had to remind one of the locals that the storm they had there couldn't even come close to the Blizzard of '77.

What can I say about Ryan Miller? He has a way of coming through when it really matters the most. Listening to the key saves he made when it counted just about had me on the edge of my seat! :worthy:

well, i listend online from DC, after going out to eat and seeing about 25 sabres fans in the streets of arlington, va. Yes, there was a "lets go buffalo" chant in the streets of virginia... anyways, i don't have much analysis of the game because i was listening and not watching, however, from what i heard, miller stood on his head. Briere scored the shootout winner, again... This is a huge weekend for the team... to get hecht and lydman back is a big big deal... I'm glad they got the win. say what you want about overtime, shootouts, and giving the opposition points in the standings, well, we got the win. 2 more points, thank you very much!

Alot of sloppy play and needless giveaways in our own end tonight.

Hate to question Numminen but I sometimes wonder about him.

just from hearing the shots on goal from my wife over the phone, you have to question the transition game as well as passing. As for Numminen, he's made his share of gaffes, however, he's old and basically playing out of position due to the injuries. He's a leader, he's a good defender but he's playing out of position... he is at his best when his minutes are limited, not when he's playing brian campbell 30 minutes hockey... tallinder's return will be the best thing to happen to numminen.