GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

its gametime for lydman, hecht, and possibly roy (although he's listed as "questionable" for now. i suspect he'll be back after the weekend games.)

What do i see? well, probably a lower scoring game than most would expect... The new line combos will need time to develop. However, i see a more SOUND defensive game with ruff being able to rotate 3 D pairings of 6 rather than a mismash of 5. I'll tell you, i'm really looking forward to the day when tallinder comes back. paetsch has more than proven himself to fill in for numinnen for a few games. that dude really needs a break. With that said, the game can go either way... 2-1? 9-2? 6-5? who knows.. i really can't pick a winner on this one.

On a side note, i'm going out of town, so unless another mod takes control, the two weekend game threads will be pinned till sunday when i return. Feel free to load them up with your take on the games. The chatroom is always open and ready to roll as well.

You can make a case that every game has some level of importance. For tbis one, getting on a roll heading out on the road I think is important. Ever since the streak was stopped, the team has been in a win a couple lose one mode. I want to see them head out on a two game winning streak cause you just know that they ain't gonna win all of them on the road. A nice five or six in a row on the road would be sweet.

Let's start by sweeping the Rangers...

Not the most difficult schedule on this road trip:Capitals, Panthers, Lightning, Canadiens, Devils with only the first one coming as a back-to-back game.

OT-- I was in LA last night waiting for a plane. I caught the radio of Ducks-Canucks. The color guy for the Ducks was just excellent. He didn't say a lot, but his dead-pan style was quite amusing. Never caught his name. My guess is he is an ex-goalie by some of the witty things he said. Anyone know who he is?

If you are bored, give the Ducks radio team a listen to. They are pretty entertaining.

Looks like we'll not be facing Lundqvist tonight. That's great news. Bring on week Weekes!

"Kevin Weekes is expected to start tonight's game against Buffalo, and forward Jason Ward will be out due to an ankle sprain. Jed Ortmeyer also practiced today after fully recovering from a pulmonary embolism he had on Nov. 21 but is still out indefinitely."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12012006/sport...tt_cyrgalis.htm

With how instrumental Brendan Shanahan was to bringing about the new rules and how much pull that might give him; and how pissed he was about the one-sided officiating last time these two teams played, I wont be in the least bit surprised to see it just as one-sided tonight in the other direction.

Watching tonight's game is turning into an adventure. The game is on MSG 2 tonight because of the Knicks (ugh). I don't get MSG 2, and the game will be blacked out on CI. Looks like I'm going out to watch the game!

Are you sure? I just used my schedule scan thing and it said NHL Hockey at 8 on MSG

Funny avatar Assquatch (and screen name) :lol:

Donald Trump's hair really looks like that! :D

Hecht gets a hard angle shot.. welcome back

Buffalo: :ph34r: Rangers:

No penalties in the first period so far.. Jagr seems like he is always on the ice.

Miller has made some good saves..

The 2nd period is the best ones for the Sabres. Let's get this ramped up.

How many times have you seen a penalty free periiod? I can't recall one..

Briere is flying all over the place. He gets the next one.

Rangers have been playing in Buffalo zone for ever

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: Rangers: :death:

Damn.. Game on

How the heck do we get out shot 9-3 in this period.?

Seems like they just stopped playing offense after Buffalo's 2nd goal

Man is there a worse penalty now than a delay of game? Buffalo will start the 3rd down a man