Ottawa Trashed By Atlanta

PTS

I'm not denying that he's great, I'm just saying that Ottawa is not that good when Alfie is out. He's the heart and soul of that team. When you take out Havlet and Spezza, Ottawa is very beatable by anyone.

I would trade any four Sabres straight up for Heatley. ;)

Considering your trashing of the current roster, I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to trade the anyone on the current roster for Lindros.

I wouldn't trade a few people for Heatley. There is something called chemistry that carries an NHL team pretty far. Why do you think the NHL has a history of 8 seeds knocking out 1 seeds in playoffs? Usually, because the 8 seed is hitting on all cylinders and playing as a team and not on individual talents.

The NHL works in weird ways.

Ottawa without Alfredsson, Havlat and Spezza are average at best. Heatley sucks by himself.

Sucks by himself? I seem to recall him doing fairly well with Atlanta his rookie season when Kovalchuk went out with that groin injury late in the season.

Sucks by himself? I seem to recall him doing fairly well with Atlanta his rookie season when Kovalchuk went out with that groin injury late in the season.

Yes, he sucks, as in he's not good enough to carry the team like Alfredsson.

To sum up PTS: Heatley sucks, but we won't deny that he's great. But he sucks because he can't carry a team by himself.

PTS, love your posts, but you're lost here.

"Sucks" is thrown around too easily on this board; e.g., "Biron sucks because Miller is better." Hey, Hasek is and was better than Brodeur, but does Brodeur suck?

The NHL works in weird ways.

Ottawa without Alfredsson, Havlat and Spezza are average at best. Heatley sucks by himself.

keep in mind hasek was out of this game too cuz he pulled a back muscle or something in the warmups..its was on yahoo sports i believe..old age gettin the best of em..

Heatley is a great player and if he was in Buffalo he would be the bee's knee's, respect talent, don't hate it........But yes it takes a true team to win...........And ALfredson has led the Sens to nothing but disgrace against the Leafs in the playoffs, with Heatley this year he has a way better chance to beat to get things done........And yes if you take away the top 4 or 5 players from any team, chances are they will start to suck, LOL............... B-)

Considering your trashing of the current roster, I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to trade the anyone on the current roster for Lindros.

I wouldn't trade a few people for Heatley. There is something called chemistry that carries an NHL team pretty far. Why do you think the NHL has a history of 8 seeds knocking out 1 seeds in playoffs? Usually, because the 8 seed is hitting on all cylinders and playing as a team and not on individual talents.

Lindros at this point? Is not Heatley. Not only is Heatley the best player in the East. He's a pretty good teammate from what I can gather. He is a star that the Sabres could market not only in WNY but in other hockey markets. Sorry, but fans of other teams are not buying tickets to see Drury or Grier come to town.

I do understand though. Since Heatley is a star in the league it means he will never play for the Sabres. Costs too much. Which is why I am going to guess so many on these boards hate talented players.

And by the way. Heads up?

Heatley 5 goals 2 assists and +9 in THREE games against 'Team Chemistry'.

On TSN, when the Sabres were playing the Sens earlier this year , Heatley was miked and during the warmup he was singing...the announcer ( Maguire) said "do you know what he is singing? - The Killers"... :blink:

Later, during TSN's highlights, they started with the sens-sabres highlights and showed Heatley singing...the host of the show said " Heatley will kill us if he finds out we are showing this on our highlights"... :blink:

I laughed :ph34r:

On TSN, when the Sabres were playing the Sens earlier this year , Heatley was miked and during the warmup he was singing...the announcer ( Maguire) said "do you know what he is singing? - The Killers"... :blink:

Later, during TSN's highlights, they started with the sens-sabres highlights and showed Heatley singing...the host of the show said " Heatley will kill us if he finds out we are showing this on our highlights"... :blink:

I laughed :ph34r:

I remeber that. I'm glad Heatley is good at hockey, because I can't imagine his singing career will ever get off the ground!

Man this thread went to hell and back.

My original point is simply that Ottawa isn't "that" good with just Heatley running the show, just like how Atlanta wasn't that good when they had him.

Alfredson makes that team go. Heatley is good but he sucked ass yesterday.

Man this thread went to hell and back.

My original point is simply that Ottawa isn't "that" good with just Heatley running the show, just like how Atlanta wasn't that good when they had him.

Alfredson makes that team go. Heatley is good but he sucked ass yesterday.

Perhaps a Patty La La and Alex Mogilny will suffice as a metaphor. Mogily was great and all that but without Lafontaine he was a shadow of himself.

Archived