Satellite/Center Ice

PASabreFan

Help. I have cable now. I live in Pennsylvania. I've seen two Sabres games all year. I am torn between not wanting to start watching now, afraid I am going to curse them, and desperately wanting to see them, after years of having Empire. (However, I have to say it's been cool reconnecting with Jeanneret on radio only.)

I won't be able to get Sabres game on MSG here, right? I take it I need Center Ice. How much is Center Ice? Can it be had through my cable company or do I have to get a dish? Will I see every Sabre game? What broadcast crew?

Thanks for the help!

I live in Virginia, and I've seen every game this year, as well as all games since 2001 when I moved here. I have DirecTV with Tivo, and absolutely love it.

You can get the center ice package through cable, I think it's $139.00 for the season, but not for sure.

You'll get whatever broadcast 'they' decide to put on the center ice package that night. I'd say over half the Sabres games I've gotten the MSG feed, which is nice, because nobody compares to Jeanerret!

Get it - you won't be sorry!

I've had Center Ice for the past two seasons and love it! One year with Time Warner Cable and now with DirectTV.

If you have HD then I think you want to go with Digital Cable not DirecTV (based on a poll of about 5 friends with HD in the NYC area). In either case go with the TiVo/DVR option too - it changes the way you watch TV for sure!

I miss hockey on ESPN due to the NHL being complete fools and putting their weekly package on a channel that most people don't get. All I get to see are the Sabres and Saturday night Hockey Night in Canada.

Anyways, I was wondering if the cable companies come along at half season or so and offer the Center Ice package at a reduced rate? Also, does the Center Ice package include the playoffs?

Thanks!

Anyways, I was wondering if the cable companies come along at half season or so and offer the Center Ice package at a reduced rate?  Also, does the Center Ice package include the playoffs?

Thanks!

CI was offered at reduced price on DirecTV sometime after the 1/2 way point the last time they played. I assume they (and the cable providers) will do the same this year. I hope CI is offered at half price at that time because I am thinking about getting that for my father for his birthday this year.

Also, CI package in the past has included the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs. After that ESPN / ABC had exclusive rights. I assume OLN / NBC will take over at the Semis as well.

Archived