Went to the game

DoctorDeadly

They fill up the seats and play like that, and wonder why people don't go back...

Very displeased how they played tonight...BORING!!! To much partying last night, no energy and the pee wees during intermission had the hit of the game.

I'm sure it's because of Martins game plan against Lindy. He plays the trap game. It fustrates the Sabres BIG time.

They fill up the seats and play like that, and wonder why people don't go back...

Very displeased how they played tonight...BORING!!! To much partying last night, no energy and the pee wees during intermission had the hit of the game.

I'm sure it's because of Martins game plan against Lindy. He plays the trap game. It fustrates the Sabres BIG time.

I think we just struggle against Florida's system. It looked like they were trying to skate it into the zone too much. Just dump it in!!!

Just a thought about the crowd. Booing the ref on a delay of game call is just dumb. You shoot the puck into the crowd from your own zone and it's not touched, it's an automatic 2:00. Should the ref have discretion? Yes, but he doesn't.

Just a thought about the crowd. Booing the ref on a delay of game call is just dumb. You shoot the puck into the crowd from your own zone and it's not touched, it's an automatic 2:00. Should the ref have discretion? Yes, but he doesn't.

Lol...the wave is sorta dumb too but i got a kick out of it on Friday...

How about yelling "shoot" when the sabres have a powerplay...

How about "let's go sabres' instead of "let's go Buffalo"...

I guess my point is that there are many examples of the crowd not being bright...

Yah, fans probably shouldn't go back to watch this team...almost every game before the Florida game sucked too :blink:

Lol...the wave is sorta dumb too but i got a kick out of it on Friday...

How about yelling "shoot" when the sabres have a powerplay...

How about "let's go sabres' instead of "let's go Buffalo"...

I guess my point is that there are many examples of the crowd not being bright...

Yah, fans probably shouldn't go back to watch this team...almost every game before the Florida game sucked too :blink:

I was trying not to complain too much, lol. It's nice to see a sold out arena, but man some of these new fans are dumb. At least the ones sitting around me. I heard "Carolina doesn't have a team do they?" on Friday, and on the penalty kill "These guys don't know what they're doing, they need to skate with the puck and shoot it out of the zone," (as if one of the players upon hearing this would say "OHHHH, That's what we're doing wrong!) Not to mention that the people behind me were being very disrespectful during the National Anthem.

"How about "let's go sabres' instead of "let's go Buffalo"..."

Easy there buddy... Let's-Go-Buff-A-Lo, Clap Clap ClapClapClap has always been a chant at Sabres games since the days of the Aud. Maybe you are a new fan and think it sounds stupid, but that thing goes way back.

Sure it sounds a little awkward, but that's our thing!

I think you guys are being a little harsh on the fans. I mean, you complain when attendance is low and the casual (or new) fans don't support their hometown team by not buying a ticket, but then when they do... you rip on them for not knowing enough about the sport and making stupid comments.

That is what is going to happen when you sellout an arena. Not everybody is a diehard hockey fan and knows everything about the game. So relax a little bit, don't let it upset you, and take it in stride. Hey, at least with these fans around, you cna feel better about how much you DO know about hockey!

Easy there buddy... Let's-Go-Buff-A-Lo, Clap Clap ClapClapClap has always been a chant at Sabres games since the days of the Aud. Maybe you are a new fan and think it sounds stupid, but that thing goes way back.

Sure it sounds a little awkward, but that's our thing!

Are you refering to my post Mr. Guest?

Cause if you are, you need to re-read my post...i was giving examples of dumb things the fans say or do, one of them being that "let's go sabres"... is not the real chant

Ok buddy

Also, if your quoting someone, use the quote feature above the area where you post

Are you refering to my post Mr. Guest?

Cause if you are, you need to re-read my post...i was giving examples of dumb things the fans say or do, one of them being that "let's go sabres"... is not the real chant

Ok buddy

Also, if your quoting someone, use the quote feature above the area where you post

Sure thing pal...

My point is that you guys shouldn't be so upset about the casual hockey fans coming to the games, because if they don't then the Sabres be around too long, at least in our city.

Sure thing pal...

My point is that you guys shouldn't be so upset about the casual hockey fans coming to the games, because if they don't then the Sabres be around too long, at least in our city.

sorry, typo: ...then the Sabres won't be around... :ph34r:

Sure thing pal...

Hey chum,

Is there anything in my post which indicates i'm upset that casual fans, who don't know anything, are coming to the games?

I don't think anyone here said that either...

Hopelesly said it's dumb when people boo the delay of game call - which it is...

He also mentioned that he had some ignorant fans around him...that happens at most of the games i go to...and being a season ticket holder, i go to most...

I mentioned that yelling 'shoot' during the powerplay is dumb - which it is..but guess what? - i've yelled it from time to time myself...

My point is that you are over-reacting to this post...

No one begrudges those that go to the game...whether they be intelligent fans or not, it's a great atmosphere to see the arena full.

Does that make sense compadre?

Hey chum,

Is there anything in my post which indicates i'm upset that casual fans, who don't know anything, are coming to the games?

Hopelesly said it's dumb when people boo the delay of game call - which it is...

He also mentioned that he had some ignorant fans around him...that happens at most of the games i go to...and being a season ticket holder, i go to most...

I mentioned that yelling 'shoot' during the powerplay is dumb - which it is..but guess what? - i've yelled it from time to time myself...

No one begrudges those that go to the game...whether they be intelligent fans or not, it's a great atmosphere to see the arena full.

Sounds good chief ;)

Hey chum,

Yeah, I was just illustrating the point that in order to find me in the arena, look for the most idiotic person there...I'm in the row in front of him.

casual fans are dumb..... yes... but they are an intergral part of a teams financial success... they represent probably 80% or more of impulse buy tickets... and probably some 40-60% of individual ticket sales.... i would think... don't quote me im not sure its just what logic might say... anyway... if we were to get rid of casual fans or run them out of the arena we'd be running 70% of female fans out of there.... again don't quote me on the stats... as common sense would have it very few female fans are hardcore analysists like ourselves.

Archived